Home

Sure hope Lucas Arts has seen Saber Battle X

Lt. Durden

The only thing I am worried about is Lucas Arts not including flips, rolls, backflips, and all those other crazy Jedi. If I have to wait for saber battle x to come out for JO, I'm gonna really hurtin. We just better have some diverse attacks, cause JK before ShadowX modded was really ****ty. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go get Saber Battle X 3.0 at massassi.

NOOOOOO WAY! Holy $hit! That's insane, like the matrix and ****e? COOOOOLLL....... BUT what they really need is the ability to force jump in midair, to slow yourself down. There's this scene in one of the starwars books, where Luke jumps out of his crashing plane, and slows himself down with the force, like friggin Jedi Skydiving!

SaberX is tight man it iZ like you strafe jump all over the map lilke bunny rabbit Jedi I got this Luke skin and my name is LukeSkywalker0283821774 and SaberX has cool vehicles you can drive like snowmobiles but my fav is where you drive in a Cadillac and do a drive by with a concussion rifle LOLOLOLOLOL!

cause JK before ShadowX modded was really ****ty.

BLASPHEMER!!!!!!! REMOVE URSELF FROM THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!

lol j/k

jedi knight kicked ass even b4 sbx, sbx was just addin on 2 a good thing

insult jk again and i will hunt u down and kill you (with a spork) ;)

No disrespect to the original game intended. Only in retrospect does one see how much better SBX is than the original game. I think without the highflying acrobatics and crazy saber fights of Episode 1, we would most likely not have SBX in the form it is in now. I trust Raven to make a great game. So now we just wait... almost as bad as waiting for Day of Defeat Beta 2.0.

I thought of something like out of Mario 64 as well, dazilla.

We probably won't be able to mix up our normal swings with our jumps, but there will certainly be special jump oriented lightsaber moves. There will probably be some kind of flip where you come down with your saber slashing or something. Those kinds of moves have been in so many mods for JK, Raven couldn't have missed it. If they did any research on the JK1 community anyway.

*wonders what GOTG ME is*

Originally posted by Redwing

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

IMO it's a good thing. I think...

If it is like Mario 64, you can't just jump up against a wall and automatically rebound. You have to jump again once you hit the wall and go in another direction. Like you hit the wall, hit jump, and then turn around using your mouse or whatever it is you turn with. Arrow Keys if you like, whatever. You have to do the jumping and turning at the same time too. Otherwise you'd just jump on the wall and fall down without really accomplishing anything.

And wouldn't you rather hope that Raven and not Lucas has seen it? :D

I feel the need to speak on defense of SBX. (A fine mod)

I personally found that GOTG-ME wasn't all that good, tactics-wise. You see, with the sequential moves, I couldn't control what I was doing. :(

On the other hand, I have oftentimes taken out a player using the Lightstaff in SBX, using nothing but my brains and a good old-fashioned single-blade, my favorite weapon. :)

Sure, SBX looks great and all and maybe it's even fun to play but it's unbalanced and unchallenging... It's just like you go 'wow that looks pretty cool' once or twice, after that it just gets worse.

Note: My testesteron level is too high, I can't form sentences which make sense anymore.

I agree with you there. I'm sure JK2 will be better than SBX since it is a whole new game. The only thing i meant was that I hope they have seen how much freedom of movement you have in SBX and incorporated that into JK2. And the lightstaff is easy to fight against. Most people don't know how to use it well and just do the spin move, making them ripe for the killing. SBX is not unchallenging. Play me and my MOTL brothers and you'll see what I mean. There are 11 different swings for the single saber alone?!?? How is that easy to master? You just haven't played anyone challenging yet.

Archived