Home

My MP woes

Dan12R

I've currently realized that I have a problem when I get JO. I can't play on-line. My current internet has me sharing the my dad's modem over the network. There's only one problem. The proxy that we use doesn't give me the ability to play games like JO or JK on-line. So I'm going to have to wait until my dad gets DSL or I go off to college (I'm headed to college in Sept. and DSL isn't available in our area yet so I think I will be in college first). So as the rest of my senior year passes by and as I work through the summer months, I'll be training for the day when I can get on-line and kick some can. If anyone can sympahize (sp?) with me, let me know.

Wow. Did you know you just made my day?? IF anyone knows for sure that it will work with JO with Spoon Proxy, I'd really appreciate it.

I didn't know this. I've tried JK and it didn't work so I figured all games wouldn't work so I'm going to have to check if some of my other games will work. Also, how would you find your IP adress (If you wanted to host)? Would it be the same as the computer that's got the modem or is it done differently than JK?

I just received some news that made my week.:) I live in Bloomingdale ,IL and supposedly AT&T is bringing broadband to my town in early March. They say it's for sure. I thought I would be left out of the JK2 MP community, but it seems the tables are turning.:D

Unfortunately, I won't really beleive it until I see it.:(

Good for you Slowbie. Now how about making them come to my area? :D

If you've got an IP Address, you can find it by hitting Start, Run, and typing winipcfg and then OK, and you should be able to host. But you might wanna PM Torment or someone and see if you two can hook up and test it all out.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I tried many proxy software (winproxy, Proxy+, AnalogX proxy with Port Mapper)

And it is impossible to get it work...

I tried to make port mapping as it is said in the documentation

but it's said the ports 28060,28061,28062 and 28070 to 28081

must be bidirectionnaly open but all the proxy softwares want

a TARGET mapping, i must give it an IP to map these ports to.

And it's impossible to make a port mapping to every players I

will meet...

I can't even get the Internet Multiplayer Server list.

Some guy on the forum spoke of doing this:

****Hey guys, I think I found a fix for all of you who get stuck finding Internet servers. I am on a college connection, and for some reason, I couldn't get to the master server, I am not behind a proxy or anything, so if you are, this may not work. Here's what you need to do....

1) Go to your windows directors, then system32\drivers\etc It may look like "c:\windows\system32\etc" for you.

2) Open up the "hosts" file. It should have NO extension. Make a backup of this file just in case.

3) Make a new line and enter this line in at the bottom.

204.97.248.90 masterjk2.ravensoft.com

You may have other entries in there, it doesn't matter, just put this one on a new line.

4) Save the file. Make sure you didn't save it with an extension. 5) Open up JK and (hopefully) enjoy the multiplayer! ****

But i'm under windows 2000 and the only hosts file is just an example that is unused...

SO IF SOMEONE S GOT THE IDEA OF THE CENTURY PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Roland De Gilead

Hey I have a question too. I dont get any list of multiplayer games on the ingame browser for JO; I can use Qtracker and find a ton. Any idea why this wont work in game? I set up the game at home where I was using one modem for two computers, but it wont even work on the LAN here at school.

Most likely, my lack of computer savvy is causing the problems (as usual) but I was just curious if this was a common thing or what not.

Archived