Home

Why a blue Lightsaber?

MarcusZ

Well, first an foremost it should be yellow, not green (remember Kyle is in the light side -----> MOTS) :)

Maybe he builds a new one, as part of his trainig as some people has said here before. I know that a jedi feels ('connects with the weapon better') better with his own built saber than with another one.

Maybe LEC has do this because now people can use various colors in SP, --> green, yellow, orange (MOTS' yellow :confused:), purple and now blue. It could have been better if you coul choose your new saber's color in JO... :(

Originally posted by Keiran_Halcyon

It could have been better if you coul choose your new saber's color in JO... :(

nah...thats like going to a new hope and having everyone in the theatre choose what color lukes lightsaber should be....the reason for the blue saber color will be shown i would imagine...

you are right... i was thinking in luke when he make his saber, he did the crystal with a machine, and they did't said anything about the color of the crystal(and i think that luke was wondering wich color it will be..)... I think in the Jedi Academy Trilogy they say something about the colors..

Besides, you can always choose the color of the crystal, can't you?

I like blue bladed sabers personally, don't know why but it's always been a personal preference or mine since I was a youngin watching ESB or whatever. I never liked green bladed sabers as much, but I think yellow is another great choice. Since I prefer to be a lighty jedi normally I try to stick to more natural colors that are peaceful, and don't show anger or aggression. Kind of ironic considering the avatar I use.

Yeah, it makes no sense that Kyle should have a blue lightsaber in JK2 single player (is this confirmed? I thought at Quakecon they implied that it would fit into continuity?).

Why? Well if we follow MotS, Kyle had an orange saber. If he gave this saber to Luke, it would make sense he'd get an orange saber back.

If we ignore MotS and say it was JK, then it was Yun's gold/yellow saber (since we're assuming he took the light path and the green saber he got from Rahn, who got it from Yoda according to the novels, was destroyed) which he'd get back.

And if we just assume he took the Dark Path in JK, then it would be green.

But not blue, unless he fashions a new saber (contradicting the notion that he gives and then gets his saber back from Luke) that is blue, and then gives that saber up to Luke (implying he made yet another saber after the events in MotS, or MotS is ignored and he made his first saber a blue one instead of orange).

I'm kind of bored of blue anyway... Anakin's saber, Obi-Wan's saber, etc etc.

Originally posted by Rat Boy

Actually, at the end of MOTS, Kyle had a red saber, presumably recovered from the Sith ruins. What happened to the orange one is anybody's guess.

Dark Kyle in the game has a red one but in the final movie he has the orange one.

PS: I think that the orange in MOTS its Yun's but they darkened a little the color to give people the opportunity to use another color...:confused:

Archived