Home

Eax???

Dan12R

I put this in the tech forum and didn't get anything, so for those who don't make their way to that forum, I was wondering if any of you knew if JO would have EAX support. I've got an awesome sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum) and I want to be able to take advantage of its capabilities. I'm wondering if I will be able to

I've got an awesome sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum) and I want to be able to take advantage of its capabilities.

You have an SB Audigy Platinum?? Cool. I'm gonna put one of them into the computer I'm going to build!

I don't think that Raven will incorporate that technology into JO because it is so new, but who knows? Raven/LEC might surprise us.;)

Silent_one, you've made a good choice. I had a Live! Platinum in before and this and I like this one a lot better. The most fun is the remote (That and the front panel when people look at it and say stuff like "What do you need all that for??" and "What in the world is that!?") I'm not too worried about it having EAX Advanced HD (Which would be nice though) I'd be happy with just EAX. That's been around for over a year, so I hope to see it. I have like one game with it and that's because I haven't bought a computer game that would use it in a while. The last game I got was Age of Empires 2 and that doesn't need it and before that it was Indiana Jones. This is the grand daddy of games for me since JK. Hopefully we'll have an answer when the demo comes out. So let's keep our fingers crossed!

Originally posted by Silent_One

I don't think that Raven will incorporate that technology into JO because it is so new

Eh? EAX was around during the days of Jedi Knight although JK used A3D, do u mean full EAX 2 support or whatever it is now? Anyway rest assured, it's practically a rule to incorparate the latest stuff into new games.

I envy u guys, I've still got my old original SB Live! That still does the job well enough though;)

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

EAX definatly will be in the game, its in all games these days. Its also been in all of Ravens recent titles.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Elite Force (Raven's most recent title) doesn't support EAX, it's A3D only.

Don't know about SoF, but I doubt it will have EAX support either, since it predates EF.

I found latest interview with Zachary Quarles promising(al though it's about SOF2). Here's a snippet of info:

Are there any special technologies being implemented for sound delivery? (3d, environmental, etc...)

Yes, we are implementing Creative's EAX technology into SOF2 which will take full advantage of their new flagship product: "Audigy". It will be backwards compatible with Live! cards as well, so don't worry!

Now, even though Julian Kwasneski is sound designer in JK2(and Clint Bajakian handling music editing and additional composing, looks like LEC has taken care of this section of developing), hopefully he will follow Zachary's footsteps. Both games even seem to have same dynamic music system.

Originally posted by X-Vector

Sorry to disappoint you, but Elite Force (Raven's most recent title) doesn't support EAX, it's A3D only.

Don't know about SoF, but I doubt it will have EAX support either, since it predates EF.

Well SoF did have EAX...all three versions of it had EAX(normal, gold and platinum)...so u can bet that SoF2: Double Helix will have

the latest EAX technology in the Audigy card.

About JO, well I hope it has EAX Advanced HD.

Qel

I hope it does do EAX Advanced HD. I'd like to take more advantage of my Audigy Platinum other than the digital speaker support, the headphone jack, and the greatest part of it, the remote. I had most of that with my old Live! Platinum. This card is capable of so much more and I want to take this thing for a full test run.

Archived