Home

Some say Galaxies will get GOTY-Some say JK2....

Sithxace

Welcome to the forums, Sithxace. Check my sig for your gift. ;)

Well...it seems this has been discussed before... :)

From my POV, SWG looks very nice, yes, and will undoubtedly be well-subscribed...but it's appeal is also limited to those willing to pay a monthly subscription. Of course, popularity is not the only factor in determining GOTYs.

I guess I'd have to say that I agree that everyone has their own idea of what a GOTY should be...and those who hand out such awards will obviously have their own biases.

Suffice it to say there is going to be a lot of candidates for GOTY this year. JKII and SWG are certainly in the running, but they face some stiff competition. Remember that we've already had MOH:AA. We are still awaiting Unreal II, SOF2, Knights Of The Old Republic, Morrowind, UT 2, Outcast 2 (not related to JKII), Kreed, Chaser, Maelstrom, Deus Ex 2, among others, which have all been slated for release this year. And that's just mostly the FPSs...there are lots of other genres awaiting some big releases. Dungeon Siege. Neverwinter Nights. Warcraft III. Age Of Mythology. Then you have the rumoured Half Life 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Halo for PC.

I wouldn't want to have to choose a winner from that lot...because some of them are going to be incredible and innovative. I would be very surprised if JKII and SWG don't make it into the top 10 of best games this year...but you never know...

Archived