Home

My One Complaint...

Emon

My one complaint about JK2 is the saber trails! They are TOO LONG! Take a look at the original movies, which includes Episode 1, and Episodes 4-6 in THX or Special Edition. The saber trails are never more than 6-8 inches long...yet the JK2 ones are like 1-2 feet! Argh!

I personally like the Saber Effects, but if they turn out to be a bit of a distraction in the heat of playing, then I will disable them, because surely Raven will allow us to turn off special effects like that. And they don't, then we'll just have to tolerate it. Nothing is perfect. No one is perfect.

I can understand why they didn't place a saber trail in the original JK. At the time, systems could barely even handle the game... but now that computers are so much faster these days, some people have made some mods for JK and the effects look great.

Even the newest Saber mod (which is excellent... it was so great that I started playing Jedi Knight all over again) has the option for you to turn off the trails... so if Raven doesn't do it, other people probably will.

Just a question since I haven't looked through much of the news about Outcast... are they going to allow mods at all? I remember reading something about this somewhere but I don't remember what it said.

Originally posted by Emon

My one complaint about JK2 is the saber trails! They are TOO LONG! Take a look at the original movies, which includes Episode 1, and Episodes 4-6 in THX or Special Edition. The saber trails are never more than 6-8 inches long...yet the JK2 ones are like 1-2 feet! Argh!

Well they are screenshots.........in the actual game you wont notice them as they will happen so quickly. You cant complain about something like that until you've played the game.

Originally posted by Emon

Are you maybe thinking of the older screens? I remember that in some of them the trail made the saber look like a flag, but that's been changed quite a bit.

Archived