Home

Jedi knight system requirements

the_immortal

HI EVERYBODY!!

oK for some people this isn't a big issue, because of their big fancy amazing 1.7 Gz pentium 4 processors, but i only have a p3 850 with the usuals, i won't bore people by going tinto detail, but i could run Return to castle wolfenstein well, on highest detail..ok maybe it lagged up some parts but that was most likely bugs but when it came to Medal of honor:allied assault, the game ran like a ***** i went right off the game when i started playing, not because it was bad but because it ran so ****e, so my question is do u know how advanced the engine has been taken from the original quake 3 team area engine, is it more like return to castle wolfenstien or allied assault, cause i really want to get jedi knight II looking its best and working well.

Hmmm ... I have a PIII-850 on my desk here at work ... it runs RtCW fine, but I can't do MoH:AA as I've got WinNT4 on it (don't ask ... app requirement). Elite Force doesn't like NT4 either. However, my Dell Inspiron - which is a 1.2GHz with 32MB GF2GO video, runs both (all three) fine. I would assume JK should be great on your box - it is not supposed to be any 'heavier' than RtCW.

From the look of the screenshots, i would say the requirements to play it really well w/full detail will be a little bit higher than RTCW and MOHAA. Oh yeah, and P4's suck. My 1.4ghz Athlon 1600XP gets better 3dMark scores than a 1.8ghz P4. And for almost half the price. So for gaming, go Athlon all the way. A 1.67ghz Athlon 2000XP is faster for gaming (and video editing and most everything else) than a P4 2ghz OCed to 3ghz. And how much is a 2ghz P4? around 330 bux. Athlon, 250. Cheaper is better in this case...... /end rant

Archived