Home

Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

DODSalesManager

"Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory."

Our fedora totin' hero is back and the Russians are up to something!

This was a great game. LEC's awesome attempt to make a game in the style of Tomb Raider (which made a lot more sense that Tomb Raider in my opinion).

The basic story of the Infernal Machine is this: the Axis has surrendered and the war is over. After fighting to keep relics such as the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail out of Nazi hands, one would think Dr. Jones would settle and continue to teach at the University, but no, he adorns his brown fedora and bullwhip in search for artifacts, not knowing the great adventure that is about to be dropped in his lap.

The Russians have aquired interest in an old Babylonian relic known as the Infernal Machine. In his quest to stop the Russians from harnessing the power of the Infernal Machine for seemingly evil purposes, Indy will span the globe to the great pyramids of Egypt and the beautiful, yet deadly island of Palawan in search for the pieces of the Infernal Machine.

There are also some really nice suprises! Get enough money to buy the old map and you get to return to the place that started it all! Thats right, the temple in Peru where Indy picked up the golden idol! Though your led off into a diffeernt direction, you can still find the remnants of his search. Head towards the entrance and you'll find the boulder blocking the exit. Go to the idol room and watch your step! And remember: "stay out of the light."

I really liked this game, even though it did get a bit weird with the last few levels. The sounds are great ranging from the firing of the revolver to Indy's bullwhip (that you can use to take an enemy soldier's weapon away).

I have heard that LEC is planning on making more Indy games, and I can't wait to see what is in store for good ol' Dr. Jones in the future.

Archived