Home

Cheating in MP

Toa Tahu

First of all,I'd like to say that cheating sux.No offence,but cheaters,are,basically,losers.

Yesterday,was my FIRST time I played MP(at zone.com).And,boy,was I irritated.Those @$$holes I played with were downright cheaters!Their sabers could destroy Jerec like nothing!it takes plain 2 slices for them to destroy an unexperienced newbie like me.

The ONLY 2 whom I played with who didn't cheat were(jk names,not zone names) force,and Ast.those were the true players.Not (like) other cowards.

Anyway,could anyone tell me how to either destroy these losers,or become one of them?I don't expect a surprise when anyone tells me to download a mod.

Generally it does take two secondary swings with the saber to kill a person in multiplayer, if you are on the Battle Ground Jedi level it is even more true because there are NO shield power ups in this level, only health which doesn't do much good IMO since people rarely, if ever, use the primary saber attack in MP. However I will say that the Zone is FULL of hackers, I play on the Zone all the time, but you have to be very careful. If you are the host of a game I recommend downloading a program called JK Kicker Helper, I forgot where I d/loaded this file from because I've had it for awhile, but I'm sure you can find it on any Jedi Knight dedicated website, and it's a life saver for when people are ruining the fun for others. I've seen many hacks, god sabers, people that transform themselves into various 3DO objects, no gravity, fade, and many more.

If you are ever on the Zone again look me up, my name is MSS_Justus, and I am usually in Nar Shaddaa.

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

Yesterday,was my FIRST time I played MP(at zone.com).And,boy,was I irritated.Those @$$holes I played with were downright cheaters!Their sabers could destroy Jerec like nothing!it takes plain 2 slices for them to destroy an unexperienced newbie like me.

You should be careful and not start calling everyone a cheater because he kills you ten times before you notice and you have no idea how he killed you. You may have played a lot SP, but MP is a totally different thing. Another thing is lag, you can think you have hit someone a hundred times and he doesnt die, but you didnt really hit him even once

There are cheats that everyone can notice, like concussion rifles that fire people or work like a destruction machinegun, but if you are new in MP you will probably thing people is cheating just because they are good and know lots of things about the game you dont

Agreed. Me and my friends got called a cheater the other day because we were dueling on top of the ship on Battle Ground Jedi, we kept telling them that if they had 4 star run and 4 star jump they could get up there too, but they didn't believe us.

Lag has and will probably always be an issue, usually we all have green bars when we play but sometimes lag still creeps in. Whenever you successfully hit your opponent there is a specific sound that tells you that you did, hard to explain but you'll know it when you hear it. However, some people have changed their sound files so it's not ALWAYS the case. And, IMO the Zone is just plain laggy anyway. I can join IP games and not have any lag what so ever, but I join a Zone game I can expect horrid lag about an hour into the gameplay.

Battle Ground Jedi has enough health packs and a couple bacta canisters, but no shields. The health is absolutely useless, because as I said earlier no one uses primary attack on sabers. Valley of the Jedi Tower however has enough shield and health power ups, so games can get pretty interesting on that map.

A few cheaters can be cool as long as no one has a problem with it.

Once I was playing Jabbas Palace (the one with the Rancor) and some guy joined the game with a hack that when he shot the concussion rifle it would make a Rancor appear.

So we all slid down to the dungeon and he fired his gun so many times the dungeon was filled with Rancor wall to wall.

He said "I am going in!" and jumped in firing the rail gun.

Needless to say, we all had fun dieing that day. :D :D :D

But by the same token I have joined a game and had someone do something to me that shrank me to the size of a mousebot. I had to jump to go up each step of the stairs!

We kicked him and I was still the size of a bug and had to leave the game :mad:

yeah there are some fun things that can be done, Iv seen walls appearing everywhere, maps absolutely flooded and other interesting stuff, but zone hackers are usually just assholes

Justus and Zodiac you are right about the sound, most newbies doesnt know about it

Maybe I'm just old fashioned or something, but I don't like cheats or hacks of any kind. Usually if I am in a game and a hacker comes in and starts ruining the fun, and the host doesn't have a clue what to do (you'd be amazed at how many people don't know how to use the kick option in JK), I usually just leave. If I am the host I always have hacker kicker helper loaded and ready, just incase I get anyone in the game with those annoying ASCII characters in their names, although I haven't seen those in awhile. I just like a fair honest game, with no cheats or hacks what so ever... I fail to see any justification in using them or anyone using them in a game I am in.

I admit the Zone hackers are the worst, but then again a majority of the people on the Zone are bad sports when it comes to games even if they are honest players. Don't know how many times I get cussed at for winning a game, or killing someone and they start chewing me out because it was a 'cheap' kill or something. I had a guy that swore I was cheating, because I used a stormtrooper rifle to kill him on canyon oasis, and he claims he never saw that gun fire like that before... then after calling me a few names and a hacker to boot, he admitted he didn't play the game that much to know. The over all level of maturity on the Zone is almost mind numbing at times, just look at the chat box at the bottom of the screen for reference.

Archived