Home

Shadowtroopers?

MercenaryI{aos

The ShadowTroopers sound to me like what the Dark Troopers were first rumored to be.

Originally I had always heard the Dark Troopers were going to be stormtroopers in dark (black/gray) colored armor who were either

1) controlled by the Dark Side, making them fierce and deadly warriors.

or

2) had a rudimentary grasp of the Dark Side, thus allowing them to use force powers as well as augment their regular abilities.

But then in Dark Forces, it ended up that the Dark Troopers were more like Terminators and super bionic combat suits (phase 1 was an endoskeleton with blade on one arm and blast shield on the other; phase 2 had a suit of armor, jetpack, and assault cannon; phase 3 could have a humanoid inside).

This sounds to me like more along the lines of the original.. take a Stormtrooper, hand him a lightsaber, and give him some force powers. ; )

Another thing, the idea of having an armored Imperial Trooper with a lightsaber goes back to the roots of StarWars. In some of the early script drafts all Stormtroopers carried a standard issue lightsaber, in addition to their sidearm, for close range, hand-to-hand combat situations.

it ended up that the Dark Troopers were more like Terminators and super bionic combat suits (phase 1 was an endoskeleton with blade on one arm and blast shield on the other

Shhhhhhh..... :D

[KURGENVOICE] "I know who they are..."[/kurgenvoice]

Right that's it.... *pulls out a blackboard and screeches his nails off it* muhuwhahahah!!!!!

MRJ, you force me to do this... "You will tell us all about these shadowtroopers." :ben: Seeing there is still that gun pointing you, I jump a little bit out of topic and ask, does JK2 feature an option to choose shadow mode? Some of screenshots we have seen so far featured stencil shadows, but because they draw on top of everything, will they be one of the optional shadow mode or will there be something similar?

Archived