Home

Monkey island still serious?

Guybrush_3pwood

I agree, Its too user freindly. The first two had a wickedly warped sense of Humor, - they had spit contests and dogs running of with legs, crazy cleaver weilding chefs and junk, the last to didn't make me chuckle in that perverse crazed - yet silet - way that the Ron Gilbert ones did and still do.

If they write a new one, they should should definately get some sick warped individual like Johnen Vasquez or someone in a straight jacket to help write it.

I wont enjoy another Mi until Le Chucks Ghost explodes all over Guybrushes nice pink Chiffon Dress!!

From the Squink.

I found MI I great, MI II was excellent, MI III was hilarious but in didn't manage to love MI IV.. why? because even if the storryline is good teh developers didn't managed to go deep in the insanity of this scenario. The second cause is that the humour wasn't great : the dialogue were too short, the gag were too kid oriented and the character weren't as mad or as bad as the former episodes' were. It's still a great adventure game but it isn't a Monkey Island.

So MI V will have to recreate the atmosfear of his ancestor and bring back the irony we used to have in the first MI... but I'm convince they will!

Originally posted by guybrushthedwar

So MI V will have to recreate the atmosfear of his ancestor and bring back the irony we used to have in the first MI... but I'm convince they will!

Ahhh, but there is one link missing in the Monkey Island series that was lost a while ago, grasshopper, and Monkey Island can't be how it used to be in those blissful MI1, 2, and 3 times.... That link is Ron Gilbert!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived