Home

Questions about Official SWGB Contest

Vampire Slayer

Ok, I got some questions concerning the Official SWGB Contest. So I'll start with some important ones:

1) What is defined by "level"? Does that mean just one scenario (*.scx file) or can it be a campaign (*.cpx file) with more than one scenario included or can it be a campaign with just one scenario included.

2) Are we allowed to use public AI scripts such as my buddy Stan's Immobile Units AI Gold Ai or must we make our own or get permission from the author to use it?

3) Are we allowed to use sounds? If so, can those sounds be recorded off the movie and/or other Lucas Arts games? How about sample music files?

4) Can we submit more than one scenario? Though only one will be given a prize winning.

5) How about instruction background images? Are we allowed to use them with images within them from other things, such as a Star Wars movie posters or something? If not, what if it was slightly edited and/or with the image palette and doesn't look the same?

Hopefully, someone over at LEC can answer these questions and any others mentioned that I didn't mention.

Hi

There are a lot of guys (including me) that wants to participate but we are not from the US, is there "any" possibility for us to play??

for example if I win (I will not win Im just saying) I just want my campaign in the Ex Pack if the other prices cannot be sent here.

I just want to know if we have any chance for participate in this contest?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Better to stick with the 'original' game sounds why? Because of brownie points in the contest, or they just never condone those behaviors and don't wanna deal with crashes from those not inserted properly? Just Curious.

Vamp's got some good questions I wish to find answers to as well, like can Mod Packs be included, and if so how many per .scx. Does that mean the Mod designers have a distinct advantage in the area of Star Wars 'realism', since their customized characters look like new characters?

What's the trigger limit??

I'd just like to know the rules of the game I'm playing, so far I'm just guessing and going. See you when I get there.

Archived