Home

Balance of weapons and forces info & suggestions!

craigybry

The main criticism/problem that seemed to appear from the PC Gamer review is an unbalance between the use of weapons and light saber combat with the force powers. It seems that the game can be completed with an over reliance on just your weapons and light-saber, with forces generally only needed to be used to complete simple puzzles like force pull a switch and aid weapon-combat. I wanted to know how Raven are making the forces more useful during gameplay? As i think the forces is the most exciting aspect which makes the gameplay original from other FPS-I hope the force powers are made as useful as the weapons. I know they can aid combat such as choke players, help mind trick them so you can get past them for stealth etc, but if you could use force powers to interact more with the environment (not just for puzzle solving situations) this could help increase the gameplay balance and create unique abilities of force powers over the weapons. For example using your force pull if you can lift objects such as boxes and throw them, it could be used again to aid combat by throwing them at people. However also uniquely can be used to help block enemy paths or doorways. If you can force push people of a cliff-edge can you mind trick someone to walk off cliff or to shoot at one of his friends? Other methods of environmental interaction could be albe to use your lightening force to help destroy elecrically controlled equipment such as gun-turrents and electric doors etc. Has anyone else got any ideas of making the forces more useful? Or know some that are actually within the game?

To be honest, what i gathered from the uk review was that the reviewers were not comptent enough to find clever ways to use the force, or for that matter utilize the lightsaber. This was demonstrated by there lack of aim in the video, and the comment that you could simply throw your lightsaber at people to kill most anyone, imho only a child would even attempt to do that repeadtly. Secondly they reviewed a game, not PREVIEWED, but reviewed the BETA, as in not complete version of the game. There crediability level for this game both positive and negative is highly subjective at best, as for there gaming ablity..i think its safe to assume there n00bs. :newbie:

Welcome to the forums, craigybry. :) Hope you enjoy your stay. Here... *hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

Although their comments in the Review *cough* may or may not be correct...I think they may have missed the point. Yes...you probably can complete most of the game just using guns. By the same token, I would suggest you can probably complete the game using just the Lightsaber and Force powers. It is simply a matter of choice...and maybe they chose to use guns most of the way. ;)

The Ravenites have already stated several times there is a greater focues on the lightsaber and force powers this time. Getting enemies to help you will be possible using the 3rd level Mind Trick (mentioned in the PC Gamer 'review'). The range of lightsaber moves and styles has increased...the Force powers will level up 3 times as well...

I think it's safe to say that if you want to run-and-gun, you can...if you want to Sneak-and-Slice you'll be able to do that too. There may not be quite as many Force Powers to use in SP this time around...but I believe you will be able to use those at your disposal in more inventive ways. :)

Well perhaps that's also to add realism.. concidering Kyle went from knowing nothing of the Force to being a skilled Jedi which knew quite a bit of the Force skills out there in a ridiculously short time. Not exactly realistic in my opinion ^_^" Even Luke needed a couple of years instead of a couple of weeks/months/whatever the time difference was between Kyle getting his saber and the end of the game

Even if you can beat the entire game and kill everbody with the saber throw (i highly dought that will be possible) show me one person here that will do that... it takes all the fun out of the game. As for using just firing wepons or just the lightsaber thats personal preferance so i dont think that it will take away from the experiance at all:D .

Archived