89 members have voted

1. 1. What do you use?

• T1
    • T3
    • Cable
    • DSL
    • ISDN

Originally posted by Rancor

Uh, yeah....Q3 is a smouldering piece of cr@p....( the game, not the engine....well, actually the engine too ) I think we all know that id really never pushes their engines very hard...and consequently, the networking code doesn't get pushed to the limit.

Now add saber toting people spraying force powers everywhere and you can imagine that more network bandwidth is going to be eaten up. If it takes more bandwidth per player, that will therefore reduce the total number of max players.

Comparisions to Q3 are completely meaningless ( even though they share the same engine ) because the games are entirely different.

Yeah you really don't know wut your talking about, the Quake 3 Team Arena engine is one of the best engines out right now. And the netcode is great, I have played with people on 56k's and they hardly lag in quake3, wolfestein, and MoH: AA

I'm on a 56k, which runs at about the speed of a 26k modem...

However, I can play Tribes 2 with FULL graphics settings on the highest resolution, highest everything, all in a game with 40 people with little to no lag, while getting 35-40 fps. I attribute this fact to the great netcode that T2 has.

But when I played JK, I could barely play a 4 person game without moving in slow motion.

I really, really hope Raven uses just as good of a netcode, or better then what Tribes 2 has, and that would make me one happy gamer :).

Archived