Home

What Multiplayer Service do You use?

Sturmz

What Multiplayer Service Do you use?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What Multiplayer Service Do you use?

• Zone
    • Gamespy
    • Other

For Multi-Player JK games, I turn to the Zone. I know it's not perfect, what is these days, but it gives me all I need to play a deceit JK MP game and there are enough players there all the time where I don't have to worry about not having anyone to play a game with. So I'm content with the Zone.

I also happy with JO be hosted by the zone. Back in the day when Jedi Knight ruled the zone, it was good times. I must admit it as gotten annoying when you are asked to download a update alll the time. Other then that nothing is that be, sometimes there is lag. But nowadays people got DSl and Cable. So i am looking for an enjoyable stay at the zone.:D

I say "other" because with about every multiplayer game I play, I either use the in-game browser, join dedicated servers, exchange IP's off the 'net or (on occasion) play LAN games.

I have used the Zone and GamespyArcade before, but in general I just use tools like Qtracker or ICQ to help me find games, or just use the tools the games themselves provide. Free, easy, and unencumbered by extra rules, regulations, and complications (in most cases).

After all, the goal is to get to the game... the journey there should be as painless as possible. I mean if I want a community outside the game, I can come here right? ; )

On the Zone I play:

Jedi Knight (lags sometimes)

Midtown Madness

Age of Empires series

Rainbow 6

Gamespy:

MOHAA

Renegade

I personally think that GameSpy is better than Zone...but there are games with built-in multiplayer service...like Half Life, StarCraft...

JKII is going to have a built-in one just like Quake3, but I hope they add some new stuff to it...so it's....nice :)

Archived