Home

Ahoy there fellow pirates! Newbie here. Have a question for you all.

Zeebo

Hello everyone. How's it going? This is a very nice little website here. The owner should be very proud. I like this forum too. I hope to become a regular here and start and precipitate in good discussions.

Before I ask my question, I just want to say that I once spent ten hours, (literally) playing "Escape From Monkey Island" on PS/2. I used to play the very first one on SEGA CD when I was kid. Never beat it though. I never played the second or the third one before.

And I bought the fourth one last November after I got PS/2 for my birthday. I saw it in the video store and remembered the first one from my youth. Rented it. Played it. Loved it. Bought it. And I beat it after spending days and days and hours and hours of playing it.

I still play it now when I am bored. It's GREAT way to kill a few hours. And no matter how many times I play it, I never get bored. And I don't get frustrated now though since I already know what happens and I know what to do.

So it's a total walk in the park now, up until I get to Monkey Island that is. That part is still hard as heck. And it's also VERY addicting. Once I get started, I can't stop. On the average times I play it, I play for about five-to-six hours.

Now onto my question:

Does anyone know where I can find the first three original Monkey Island games? And if it is available to play on something else other than your PC? My computer is not the best of computers, and I don't think it could handle those games on it.

Talk to you all later. Looking forward to reading your responses.

They should all still be available for purchase off LucasArts' website, though you might also find them in some bargin bins.

The first two games definately do not require a powerful computer by any stretch of the imagination these days, so unless you're still running a 286, I'd say that the chances of your computer being able to handle them is really high.

Here's the system requirements for The Curse of Monkey Island (the third game), according to the box:

Computer: 100% Windows 95 DirectX-compatible computer required.

Graphics Card: PCI Graphics card required.

CPU: Pentium 90 or faster required.

Memory: 16MB RAM required.

CD-ROM: Quad-speed or faster CD-ROM drive required.

Sound Card: 100% Windows 95-compatible 16-bit sound card required.

DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 5 is included on this CD and must be installed prior to playing the game.

Note: Your system may require the "latest" Windows 95 drivers for your particular hardware.

Installation: Requires 1.2MB free hard drive space. An additional 30MB recommended for multiple save games.

Chances are, you've got a version of DirectX that's higher than 5.. in that case, you don't need (nor want) to install DirectX 5.

Thanks a lot for the response and info! I'm going to have to look into that. I just hope the first two aren't to bad. LOL. I am worried that the 4th one has made me picky. Nahh, I doubt it. I'm not a picky person. :-D

actually, i found the first and third one the best, amazingly, not many people on this forum liked the fourth one as much as the other three, so being picky isn't really a problem.

welcome to the forums though, it seems the place has been bursting with new people lately so you're not alone in that. and it's really easy to make friends here (at least i think sop, how many of you would actually consider me to be a friend of yours, hmm?)

but welcome anyway.

Peace

Neil:D

Archived