Home

Being knocked off your feet...

ZePhyR

I'm pretty sure nobody has had a thread about this before, but correct me if I'm wrong and kindly redirect me please. :) Anyway, I think I read somewhere that with force push or something, you can knock your enemy off their feet. Don't you think that would be kind of cool? I dunno if I have seen an fps yet that has tried to implement it. Sure, you'd die right away if it happened, but it would add a nice touch I'd say. ;P

Yes it would and I seem to remember something about that too. It would make Force Push better than in JK because it was sort of weak. The only good uses, really in MP in JK was when you were up high somewhere and could push others off an edge. Other than that...I found it kind of useless. It sounds like maybe you have not played the first Jedi Knight.... correct me if I'm the one who's wrong but if you have not then make sure you get it because it's still an awesome game. A real nice edition to JKII is the fact that it has bots. I really like playing with bots!

Has anyone ever played a multiplayer game of Mechwarrior 3? You could get knocked over in your mech, and it happened quite a lot, especially if there was more than one person attacking you. It was the most annoying aspect of the game. It took ages for your mech to get upright again, and in the meantime you couldn't do anything.

The only ways I can think this sort of feature could be successfully implemented was if:

The knocking over only happened rarely, so it could not be abused or,

A player is force pushed while jumping or moving extremely quickly. A situation where they could easily lose their balance.

Actually its pull that knock enemies to their feet :) From La Zone:

Pull

Duration Immediate

Effect Pulls enemy toward you; can disarm (blasters); defend against Push attacks

Level 1 Pulls single enemy toward you

Level 2 Pulls multiple enemies (within limited arc)

Level 3 Same as Level 2, but with enough force to knock them down

Force Push actually was pretty effective and funny in MOTS and the JK mods. Once you locked onto the guy and pushed him, you could repeatedly press "F" really fast to push him a lot of times. He would get thrown into the wall and die, or you could push him to the other side of the map. It was quite amusing. But i can't remember if that worked regularly or only with the mod i made....i seem to remember it working normally as well.

Abot getting knowcked over, i'd love to see that in JKII with enemies. They had a thing like that with the force push in the TPM game which was pretty cool. In MP it might get kinda annoying, always being pushed over, but in SP i think that they should implement it.

Archived