Home

According to this week's Games Domain newsletter...

L3onheart

On Friday, March 1, we held a live online chat with the developers behind LucasArts' upcoming action shooter, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast. In case you were crazy enough to miss it, we've logged all the questions and answers!

The final game is due for release on March 28 in the UK and April 2 in the US. Patience, padawan.

So it looks like the UK (meaning Europe) will get the game before the US. YIPPY! :D

But if it does get released in UK first i'd find it very strange... must be a reason behind it.

They have done it before, with Elite Force. The reason could be that as the UK is smaller activision have an easier time distributing. In the US deliveries have to reach obscure places (like Utah) for a national release date. Also there are logistical problems in producing approximately four times the number of game cds for the US. I have no idea about the rest of the world.

You seem to know about EF.

Do you alsoknow if that UK date was equal to : rest of europe

Perhaps not eastern europe, but say, countries like the Benelux countries (wher eI live :) ) did they have that same UK release date?

Or am I asking somehting you do not have the answer to?

I wouldnt mind being (one of) the first to get JO :)

Originally posted by TUS_Tomcat

You seem to know about EF.

Do you alsoknow if that UK date was equal to : rest of europe

Perhaps not eastern europe, but say, countries like the Benelux countries (wher eI live :) ) did they have that same UK release date?

Or am I asking somehting you do not have the answer to?

I wouldnt mind being (one of) the first to get JO :)

Yup, altough they usually say in UK release in british magazines, the release date counts for all of europe.

Originally posted by Indy4

has any of lucasarts's games come out in the UK first not the US first?

SEYA

This isn't a LucasArts' game. It's a Raven game. Lucasarts' just distributes it in North America, asside being the SW licence holder.

Raven usually distributes in Europe first, like it did with EF

Ok, sorry but I can't contain myself. This is the last time I'll point this out. The JK2 trailer said March, so why wouldn't it be March?

And as a side note, this game is going to be manufactured in the U.S. once it goes gold, so if anyone gets it first it will be the U.S. Don't get me wrong though, I would very much like for everyone to get the game on the same day.

In fact, I don't think it's fair at all that another country should have it first. They should just set a day in stone which they think they can have the game ready for EVERYONE in the world.

The game has been developed in the US, but there'll be several master discs, so copying will be done at several places in the world. It cut costs of having to shipps thousands of copies to a country, this way they only have to ship a couple of CD's.

In this case, LEC will send Activision UK a gold copy for them to publish and since Activision UK has to probably manufacture less copies, it's normal to say that the UK will get it in stores first

Archived