Home

1 2 3 4 I love the Marine Corps!

BasiliskJC

But the V-22 fails because it's flawed from the instant they thought it up. The UH-60 is made out of proven technology (as was the UH-1). The V-22 fails because it just doesn't work. A UH-60 might crash because of a ruptured oil line because someone screwed up when they were fixing it or a bad gasket got installed, not because the rotors just flew off or the engine fell out. The V-22s keep crashing because they try to switch the wings to flight mode and they come off. Not good.

It's an interesting technology and I'm sure given time and civilian research it might work, but saying "ok we have this design that we've half-assed. let's replace our helos with it and never see if it's any good" is just stupid.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

um, they're SAYING they're crashing because of human error so they don't lose the funding for them. they're actually crashing from the wing's rotators breaking and making wings fall off.

Also, the Osprey has an auto-leveler. You just flip the "Rotate Wing" switch and it does it. You don't have to hold it in position. They fly themselves.

Unlike most stuff I talk about (which is mostly bull**** thought up on the fly), I know what I'm talking about when it comes to aviation. I'm an unlicensed private pilot. They'll let me fuel a plane and taxi it, but that's it. If I went to get flying lessons tomorrow, I could skip everything that can be taught on the ground and get in the air right away.

Archived