Are You Going Play The Game With 16 Players

JEDI OUTCAST

16 players in a game  

30 members have voted

1. 1. 16 players in a game

• yes i am going to play with 16 players in a game
    • no i am going to stick as low as 4 players in a game

Guest Krayt Tion

It depends entirely on what type of Multiplayer mode I will be playing and on what levels.

Generally speaking, for CTF, the more the merrier.

Generally speaking, for Team Deathmatch, the more the merrier.

Generally speaking... :) I will always gravitate towards more people on larger maps, with the expection of lightsaber dueling. Actually, even then, it would be cool to duel one on one with a lot more people watching you do your thing- more people in witness to your glorious SkillZ ;) and more people to chat with while you are waiting for your shot at the champ.

On other team-based games like Day of Defeat or Counter-Strike I like to play with as many people as possible.

I can see it now, 2 Jedi's dueling in the arena, myself and 20 others watching on, i get called out next to face the champion....we walk towards eachother, we swing back, and POW! I'm dead... :( Laughed at by all!!!!

Ahh well, the exhileration of this jedi dueling will be so damned good :-D

don know I'm gonna try it with low people and high people first before I decide which is better. I liked the low amount in the first one but I bet I'll go towards the massive games. I'm a little worried about peeps running around with thermal dets and tossing them into massive groups. CAn you force push those away.

Depends on what the map is recommended for. Obviously, a small map could be horribly unfun with 16 players, while a huge map would become a hide and seek game unless you had some more than 4 (the challenge at nar shaddaa comes to mind).

What I liked about UT was that even if just my roommate and I were playing, we could still have a fully fledged team game, with the two of us plus a bunch of bots, verses a team of bots, or each of us on our own team, with a squad of bot teammates, verses each other.

16 total combatants can make for a more intense game, even if they are not all human. But that's not for every situation.

If we were playing a saber dueling room with only one arena (1 vs. 1 at a time) then having 16 people would probably take too long (and if the people were good, those duels would last even longer, making the waiting more annoying).

I do hope they put in some multi-arena dueling maps, so that it's not just all waiting (I loved RuneHOV's arena mode, but it could have standed some improvements). Also the ability to have teams duking it out in that fashion. But we'll have to wait and see if that's not in there already and we just don't know about it.

; )

It will be neat to see those team force powers come into play as well, and the gun turrets and other "Team Fortress"-esque modes. Eventually we'll see somebody put in a class-based MP mode I'm sure to get the "full feel." The team-force powers would be great in theory for big games, because I think that they don't lose their effectiveness after a certain point (using it on 4 people would have the same effect as using it on 8 people). Though for a lot of the force stuff, it's going to be tough to target stuff when there's that many people running around shooting/bombing/sabering/using the force all at once.

Hope the bots take orders well... I liked how you could bind commands to keys in UT and they responded verbally to you. Q3 I think you had to write scripts (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) but you had more overall commands than UT. UT had a great UI, I just loved it. ; )

So yes, if I have the option to have 16 players, I will take advantage of it, but there will still be instances where having less than that will be more desirable.

Well like it's been said, just having one opponents has it charms as well, I can't exactly say if I prefer any amount of players over another. Both just one or a few or many opponents can be fun for me. Each requires their own playing style, with one opponent you can concentrate completely on that one opponent and also know that you won't be interrupted in a saber duel. While with several opponents you'll need to keep an eye on the other players besides your main "prey" And make sure that the both of you don't get turned into mincemeat while you two are having a saber duel. etc etc. So heck, either one or one hundred opponents, bring them on lol, as long as I have fun. (after all.. that's what gaming is about)

Archived