Home

Blood in JK2,check screenshot!!

armed201

I actually read somewhere, that according to Lucas, that a slice from a lightsaber to flesh is so hot that the wound instantly scabs. So when you see vader lob off luke's hand in Empire, there is no blood. The only reason (i can think of) why maul wasn't spewing blood all over the place in Phantom Menace was because of this. Of course a little bit was appropriate because he was cut through his vital organs, also i guess so they didn't have to go with a pg-13 rating as well. This theory carries over into the game as well i suppose. Really though i never cared about the blood factor anyway, just having a lightsaber and going up against jedis and stormtroopers is awesome enough

Yeah, sadly, the blood that you saw in that screenshot is no longer in the game. Hopefully a mod can be thrown together to add a nice red mist and some extra dismemberment from particularly nasty cuts.

And despite what Lucas or other people may say... the movies themselves show clearly, that certain saber hits can produce blood spillage.

Here again, are the examples....

Darth Maul's bisection in TPM

smallmaul.jpg

Click the link for a larger version:

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kurgan/largemaul.jpg

Panda Boba's severed arm in the Cantina in ANH (and Lucas didn't tone it down in the Special Edition either)

armsmall.jpg

(brightness adjusted so you can see the blood better, click below for a larger version)

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kurgan/armlarge.jpg

Taun Taun gut spilling (no "blood" per se though, unless they have transparent blood?) in ESB.

Glancing saber hits should realistically leave burn marks and cuts on bodies. Dismemberment should sometimes leave a red mist as it "seals" the wound, and severed limbs may continue to bleed a bit after they hit the ground (Cantina scene).

That's direct observation from canon sources... can't get much better than that. And remember, a "Teen" rating doesn't mean they can't show a LITTLE blood now and then.

Archived