Home

German print preview

Raze

I didn't see it mentioned so I guess I'd give you a heads up that the German PC Mag PC Games has printed a 2 page preview in the latest issues.

They tell some interesting stuff, here are some examples:

If you shoot an enemy in the leg, he will stumble forward. If he is hit in the head he will touch his throat and collapse.

Spoiler?

[About the first missions]

Infiltrate an imperial base, blow up a mining station, blow up a walker-basis [...] A highlight is the fight against a dark Jedi. You cannot stand up against him and get thrown in the air and shot by lightnings by him. It is intended by the program that you lose against him. However you won't die but instead swear revenge.

[bla bla bla]

[halfway interesting stuff but I feel to lazy to write it all]

It has been considered to make the saber fights less violent in the German version. Due to the 36 hit areas, there will be some rolling heads if you hit an opponent.

Ok, the translation sucks but you get the point.

-Raze

Thanks for that Raze ... I think it might have been seen before, but the translations made it ... difficult ;)

The interesting thing is the initial contact with the 'dark jedi' - I'm assuming a 'reborn', perhaps? You get whooped, there is follow-up (cutscenes), and then you go about getting back your saber ...

Sounds quite good. I just hope for a very involved and immersive plotline.

36 does sound a bit like overkill! At least it sounds like the enemies will react if you shoot them and not carry on regardless as we previously though by looking at the PCG trailer.

The first mission sounds cool. Someone posted a thread saying that they would like to have to fight someone earlier on and they go back and fight them again later when they we a kick ass jedi master.

+cheers Raze

"The interesting thing is the initial contact with the 'dark jedi' - I'm assuming a 'reborn', perhaps? You get whooped, there is follow-up (cutscenes), and then you go about getting back your saber ... "

perhaps thats why his sabre is blue in JO???

I think you may be thinking of me :)

I was wondering how one would do taking on a dark jedi with guns only :)

But it sounds here that it is a bit scripted and we CANT win.

Interesting thing to try whe ive finished the game cheatless.

Go back to that level, use cheats to get sabers and force powers. And then totally whoop that dark jedi.

Wanna bet he cant die?

Scripted fo rthe story, like MOHAA methinks

Originally posted by Hoowl

36 does sound a bit like overkill! At least it sounds like the enemies will react if you shoot them and not carry on regardless as we previously though by looking at the PCG trailer.

The first mission sounds cool. Someone posted a thread saying that they would like to have to fight someone earlier on and they go back and fight them again later when they we a kick ass jedi master.

+cheers Raze

Archived