Home

Force Push Question

Jyt-Pon Dai'el

When using Force Push, do objects and enemies always move directly away from you, or can you push them in any direction?

There are at least 3 reasons why this would be helpful:

1) For pushing enemies, it would be nice to be able to first select the enemy you want to push, then indicate where (or in what direction) you want to throw them. For example, say there's a stormie 30 feet in front of you, and a bottomless pit to the left of him. Rather than positioning yourself so he is between the pit and you, and then pushing him, can you just push him to the left?

2) When repelling rockets with Push, it may not always be convenient to push them directly away from you. It may sometimes be better to push them in another direction to avoid splash damage from contact with a nearby wall or enemy.

3) Throwing Objects (like crates) at enemies at odd angles would be easier than positioning yourself so that the object was between you and the enemy, then pushing.

I have a theory on how this could be controlled in the game, without much extra effort on the part of the player, but I'd first like to see if anyone had heard anything about whether or not it is even included in the game.

How about alternative ways:

1) You could also pick him up with level 3 Force Grip, move to the left through the air and then let go.

2)If you are fast enough, you could perhaps jump or roll away from immediate radius of splash after pushing. This is kinky situation, I must admit.

3)Too bad Force throw from JK is not included, because I think you could have pulled this one off easily with it. I'm afraid you do have to position yourself quickly OR then use level 2 or 3 saber throw which would finish them all more easily.

Make sure you get Force Healing.

I thought of that rocket one last night. If a rocket is coming at me, can I Push and maybe move the mouse left to send it in that direction? Also, when I Push a rocket, from the time my influence is upon it, is it deflected an arbitrary amount, e.g. 33 degrees, in a random direction? Is the amount of deflection based on (I'm sure) my level of Push?

Archived