Home

Where to play multiplayer?

Caster

Well, we all pretty much know about the Jedi Outcast room opened up on the Zone, but due to Microsoft's ineptitude, I can't install the Zone software needed to play there.

Anybody know if there's anywhere else you can find multiplayer servers for the game? It is based on the Q3A engine so hopefully it'll be GameSpy-able.

-Caster

Originally posted by Caster

Well, we all pretty much know about the Jedi Outcast room opened up on the Zone, but due to Microsoft's ineptitude, I can't install the Zone software needed to play there.

Anybody know if there's anywhere else you can find multiplayer servers for the game? It is based on the Q3A engine so hopefully it'll be GameSpy-able.

-Caster

GameSpy would definitely be an option for MP

I'd probably stick with in-game interface...

Zone(lags).com works too but too many lamers and cheaters...go take a look in the rooms for JO on zone now...you see people HOSTING a room but not playing? Yes they are lamers...

Kali.com? i heard this url long time ago but never tried going there...

Kali cost money to use. GS will support jk2 for sure. WD will use the zone to chat but we'll use IRC and dedicated serves only for our game playing. Once you figure out why the host of a JK2 game on the zone has a major advantage you'll only play on dedicated servers via GS/in-game brower/IRC.

In all honesty...

JK2 on the Zone will be virtually non-existent a few months after the game is released. I'm not trying to be rude or anything to the Zone faithful but peer to peer VS linux dedicated servers, up to 30 player battles, low lag.

I don't see how the Zone would be able to compete with the in-game MP option...

Archived