Home

Saber Damage

Agen

This might be a sppiler for people who don't want to know how much it takes so i'll use the new spopiler tags.

I've just been watching the trailer a few hundred time and at this point (jsut after actually) 1:13 in the trailer, if you look closely at the sheild damage, it goes i'd say from 100 to 40 when jan get's hit from the kyle character.

So if One saber hit takes approx half your sheild then another one would tkae it away completely, leaving how much damage it'd take away from your health, if it was to be the same then you could easily kill some one with 4 strikes if not 3

. I could be completely worng about the health thing, your health might be well stronger than your sheild so i might be wrong but i tihkn it should be

3-4 shots

anyway (at full shield, not lower though ;) )

I too once thought that realistic one hit kills would be better. Until I got the Ultimate Saber in Jedi Power Battles. Once I had it, I couldn't use those mad phat @$$ saber combos I earned because the enemies were dead before I could get a second hit in. I turned off the ultimate saber mode and went buck wild on them punk @$$ droids! And that my friends, proved to be more fun than realistic insta-kills.

In JK/MotS the secondary swing could kill you in 1 hit, even at full shields (if it hit you at the right time). Single swings varied in damage from 40-80 damage IIRC. Anyhow, 1-3 hits was enough to kill anyone, but that number usually shot up because of lag.. you'd appear to hit the person a half a dozen or so times, when in reality you had only hit them three times.

If these guys are playing in a LAN game, and assuming they dont' have some super powerups, then it should be accurate with the shield measures. However, that's a good point about the stances.. and perhaps locational damage matters (ie: a headshot may be 1 hit kill no matter what, etc). I wouldn't look at the guy using Force Protection... since he could be absorbing 87.5% of the damage from each hit.

Originally posted by Kurgan

If these guys are playing in a LAN game

thats the beauty of the Q3 engine. There arent any misterious non hits like the original JK. Just slight shot lag is all. But if you hit you actually hit unlike JK where lots of times it would just not hit for no apparent reason.

Archived