Home

MP battle of Hoth

Guest WC_heavyarms

Guest WC_heavyarms

Ok, here is the idea: 6 players, each controls one part to each of the vital parts of the sides, i.e. one player controls snowspeeders for rebels, one controls troops, one controls defenses and reinforcements they would get heroes Wedge and Luke in Snowspeeders, and for the imps, one uses the blizzard walkers, makes at-aa's, makes more at-at's and AT-ST's, and ground troops. They would also get Vader. Any hero dies, instant loss for the WHOLE side, except the blizzard walkers. Fight until one side loses or wins. Please make any suggestions or tweaks.

Guest WC_heavyarms

I was planning on making a deep trench for those troopers for the rebs, yes, the imps idea would be to knock down the shield generator and destroy the rebel's command center. The rebels objective would be to destroy all of the imp's mech factories. That still sound good? I wish this game had snowtrooper options.

I don't like the idea of only being able to control one section of the troops, only control snow speeders would lose it's playabilty I think, you'd be better having 2 v 2 and each player starting right beside their partner, just my opinion.

Guest WC_heavyarms

ok, there isn't going to be just 3 buildings for each guy pumping out men. There would be workers so that they could assist and make each type of units, but each player SHOULD stay on track with their section of the military. Let me make a comaparison: anyone's military. It's divided, right? same here. It is about 5% done, the land has been made a snowy texture.

Here is an example about the staying on track. Say that one player makes a lot of snow speeders, and two make lots of at-at's and one is making troops. Well, the anti-air guy should have had some anti air, his allies needed him for that, and now they pobably can't turn it around very fastm, and may lose.

That's better, just make sure the readme note stipulate that the players must work together :)

Although this poses problems as you will limit yourself to 6 players only, if you set the extra players in the editor to "either" then when there is not 6 players the AI would just follow it's on agenda which could make or break you!

I guess though you need this kind of input to help things so please don't think I'm trying to beat you down, I really like the idea, I'll expect the same sort of thing from you guys when I post Scenarios I'll be making - an unbiased opinion will certainly help things :)

Guest WC_heavyarms

Thanks Kad'ar, that's the stuff I need. The 4th payer (the imp commander) Is complete. He starts with 4 mech factories, 3 blizzard walkers (veers,2,3) and six workers, plus 99999 of resources. If more are needed, trade and buy, but that shouldn't be a problem, and no resources is to be more like Hoth, a desolate, cold, bleak planet. Player 5 has been started, having 4 troop centers. More work later!

Note: heavy weapons for the imps are disabled, and mechs for the rebels will be disabled. Also, each civ will NOT get their respective blaster cannons, to increase the gameplay. Also, the rebel fortresses to make snowspeeders will NOT have any attack power, so that they can be destroyed like any building.

and I've just remembered you can disable techs for each player so that could point them in the right direction, but don't disable them all, just nudge them in the right direction, and leave some techs available that they may or may not find usefull.

I take it that you won't be giving the rebels full resources as if you are going true to the scene must make do with less than the imps as usual :D

Originally posted by GB_StormTrooper

yea i double checked, theres no echo base hangar:(

bollocks :( that means the unit list that AoErat found for the Scenario editor is now wrong :( thanks for checking.

Guest WC_heavyarms

there was a screen of it, but the building itself was deleted out. The empire's targets will be each of the players hoth shield generators, and the empires original creation buildings will be the rebels primary targets. As I have it, the trench goes across one corner of the map. The unit placement for the imp side is done (players 4-6,) the imp hp changing triggers are done, there are no attack changing triggers. I know about disable tech things. I am planning on disabling repeater trooper for empire so they actually carry blasters, reducing fortress attack to zero, disabling heavy weapons for imps and rebs, mech for rebs, anti air turrets for imps and rebs, disabling air for imps. Any other suggestions, let me know. Kudar, want to host my scenario on your site? I think mine would be the first officially released scenario of its kind when it comes out.

Guest WC_heavyarms

A little update. It is now around 60% done, I just have to set all the triggers and other various things into place. A 7th AI player was added so a wall can block the teams from shooting up each other's houses. All units are placed and locked, I need to redo each of the change hp triggers, I also made it so a very large rtibute is given on top of 99999 of each resource, and there is NO way you can run out of resources. player 2 doesn't get a hero, it gets the trench line. The echo base gnerator for each player is the primary target of the imps, and taking out the right starting building is the rebs job. Here is the hero's list:

1. Luke in snowspeeder

2. Trench line of troops

3. Wedge in Snowspeeder

4. Veers and blizards 2&3.

5. Blizards 4-6

6. Darth Vader

Heroes HP will be increased because if they need to escape, they will have an easier time.

As soon as maybe tonight or tommorow it will be done, it is just repeating the same things over and over again.

BTW, I can't find the hangar in the editor, the cannon and main generators are in it, but the generators don't act like a shield generator, so I put a buildable one in the game.

Guest WC_heavyarms

An update. It is now 80% done, I need to place in workers for the rebs and some imps. I may delete the wall, and the tribute and hp changing trigs are completed. Now for the disabled techs, which will take the longest. I will work on it later, and hopefully finish it either today or tomorrow.

Guest WC_heavyarms

Another update: I am thinking of losing the rebel victory standards, and just going to make them completely wipe out the empire, where as the imps can still kill the shields.

Guest WC_heavyarms

I need that if you kill something or lose something, defeat occurs. I can't complete this without it! Hey stan, you could help me, and maybe I will let you see it and not disgrace you!

Archived