Home

The demo would take all of what? A day?

Durden0000

I think it would take a lot more than a day to do a demo, even if they picked an SP and MP level from the finished game... They have to strip out the other content, then debug it, then test it thoroughly. I mean, how many demos have you seen released recently that required patches just to play them? ;)

I don't know why you think LEC is dollar-hungry either. I'm sure there will eventually be a demo, and if you are unsure about purchasing the game, then simply wait until a demo is released to try it out. You make it sound as if someone who is unsure of the game will simply buy the game anyway. If you are really not sure of the game, I can't recommend just buying it anyway.

I'm almost sure there will be a demo...we just have to be a little patient...and wait for the Ravenites to recover from crunch mode in getting the full game finalised and out of the door. ;)

Welcome to the forums, BTW. Here... *hands over a chocolate Jedi medallion* There you go. :)

Guest Apparition
Originally posted by Durden0000

Seriously, the only reason we dont have a demo is because Lucasarts is $ hungry. The game is awesome so they should have nothing to hide - it would take Raven all of a day to release a demo now that the game is gold.

Actually Lucas Arts usually wants to release demos. Raven were the ones who didn't want to make a demo. They said that they didn't want to but it was up to Lucas Arts.

Originally posted by dazilla

Even if the demo comes out after the game, I'm still gonna download it after I play the full version, just to make sure there isn't something different in the demo

Me too.

Can you now say "Collecting JO stuff without needing to buy the tin"? :D

Actualy making a demo for a quake engine is quite easy. You just have to take all but one .pk3 file out of the base directory. Add a cheasy end(Thank you for playing the demo) screen and you got a demo. Fix the cd crack to not work which Raven knows how to do then you have a demo.

Do you really want the demo now? Personally, I don't. The full game is here in a week and i'd rather find out about the weapons/gameplay when I get it. In a way i think the demo would spoil some of the anticipation i have for the game rather than whet my appetite.

Archived