Home

light/dark

Furious Fish

just wondering (cause i never played jk 1 enough to find out)

how does the choice of progressing to either light or dark side work? do you just get to choose which to allocate points to at the end of each mission or does the game choose for you based on your gameplay (in a kind of black & white* style way)

* oaergh i mentinoed teh worst game ever i hav sinned must purify self honorably argh argh *harakiri*

actually, in real life SW (heh) i don't see any problem with dark peeps having light powers....after all, jedi arent born evil...i would guess, though that the extent of their light powers doesnt gain when they go dark...hmm..oh well in jk2 i doubt that you can be both light and dark in same char...

This is all nice and good, but in case you guys want to know how it actually is; there is no Light/Dark distinction in JK2 singleplayer. It doesn't keep track of your alignment, and you automatically get abilities and higher levels of these abilities as you progress. In multiplayer, you choose between light and dark and can allocate force powers yourself. I like the SP system better; in JK/MotS, the levels couldn't take advantage of your force powers much because they couldn't know what you had. This way there can actually be force puzzles in the game.

maybe its just me, even though i didn't try it. i think if you only choose light side powers, but killed a lot of civilians you'd still be a lightside jedi. it seemed more important what powers you choose than who you killed when determining what side of the force you were on. but i could be wrong

i think since sp doesn't have specific light/dark powers, mp will have let you choose any force power and combine them. in jk1 mp the only way to get protection and deadly sight was to be totally dark or light, which i don't think can happen in jk1 if they don't categorize the powers in choosing. but on their website they say whether a force power is light or dark. i wonder how the storyline will incorporate the fact that kyle can learn both light and dark powers.

Archived