Home

Official: Lightsaber combat thread *SPOILERS*

Silent Wolf

Wooo! Put my name down for this Jedi Training. I will be representing England.

I think it is a good thing that you are willing to take time out to help the newbs. I mean, I am damn exerienced at online gaming and had my own CS clan for 2 years but... I get the feeling I'm gonna be a total newb on this... so, any schooling is welcomed.

What time is your 5pm in GMT?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Wolf (middle name Winston???),

Is your "school" first-come-first-served or by reservation? I'd like to attend either way, I was just wondering if there's a list to get on or if I just have to look for an open spot on the server.

Thanks for this service you're providing!!!

Thats about 11pm for us brits then. Cool, so Jedi Master... how are we gonna go about getting into this first padawan training session? Will you post or email and IP nearer the time...

Actually, theres a question... can we use gamespy yet? or is the built in launcher good enough?

I have a question thats bugging me. I know that the lightsabre is always doing damage, and you can kill someone by touching them with the sabre without having to swing it, but does this do full damage?

Also how much direct control do you have over the lightsabre, is it like severance where you can choose the exact direction from which you attack, i.e a left swing followed by another left swing and then a right. Or is it more like Jedi Knight I where kyle just swings the thing left to right in turn?

I have a running list of names of people who would like to be in the school. I stopped writing down names at 100. Those 100 obviously have first priority, however Im hoping to have access to a 20 man server , so it should be good :). All details will be revealed in the #jediknight channell on the gamesnet server. (use MIRC please). If you need mirc, get it at http://www.mirc.com :)

Wibble, the lightsaber can kill a person by touch, but from what ive noticed they have to have low health, like say 20 or less. Its a very powerfull weapon even if you just graze someone. As for the ammount of control, its very easy to determine when u spin, how you swing, the direction you swing. The variables are the direction you are moving as well as and most importantly the movement of your mouse. Youll find that you have an insane amount of control over your lightsaber, it just takes some time to get used to all that power :). Oh and, the control of the lightsaber is a far cry from jedi knight control. Its imroved in all the right ways.

Silent Wolf, any chance you could transcribe some of those moves into a quick entry here? I would love to attend the saber class, but this weekend is bad. Plus I'm still hoping my copy of the game shows up by the weekend. Even just some general tips for experimenting. I'm not exactly a hardcore gamer, but I'd like to be able to hold my own and have some fun. :)

Dave

To bad i won't be able to go to this school.:(

It sounds like a great idea! I hope that your school is a success.:)

As for me, i will also have to teach myself. It can't be to hard i mean kartan didn't have a teacher. Or did he ...

Sithcloak

Ive been keeping written notes on how to do some of the cooler moves in the game. Im planning on releasing them to the forums after the school ;) .

I made a demo with a saber lock and some advanced moves already, ill send them to whoever wants it, if you post your email.

-Wolf

Few things:

Silent Wolf, incase you handt thought of it yet, if it's possible, record demos of whatever goes on in the saber school... I dont know if you can record in multiplayer games but try anyway :p

Also, maybe i will make it, we'll see...

You also say: 8 ort 9 in morning on sunday, your time or mine?! i assume mine...

Alfyboy, looking forward to play with ya as well... Still have to get the game tomorrow... Will probably only be doing singleplayer + botmatching tomorrow, maybe some multi at night...

Scrobes, you too!

And then about my name... lol

First silent wolf, i played JK multiplayer, but only briefly, cause i got hooked on Rogue Spear shortly after... I played as Tomcat84, i think you're probably confusing me with someone else, or do i know you?

Alfy, I played some CS, probably as Tomcat84 or TUS_Tomcat, but i generally hate it, mostly because of the ridiculous jumping

I am a die hard Rogue Spear: Urban Operations player, so maybe you've seen me there, same style of game...

Well thats Force long post for today :)

Either way, I'm looking forward to playing with ALL OF YOU!!! ahhh cant wait

Archived