Home

EBGames status is Open!

TheDarkSide

I preorder every game from EB. So this is what I can tell ya.

Open means that they have recieved the product from Lucasarts, and are processing it for shipping. Whether or not it ships today depends on how hard the people at the EB warehouse work.

Usually it ships the same day as when it says "Open," so if you got overnight (like me) then chances are it'll arrive tomorrow. If not tomorrow, you'll get it Thurs, once again assuming you chose overnight.

And hi, I'm new. :)

Hehe. No problem guys.

I definetly like EB more than anything else, because their overnight really is overnight. They use Fed EX, and if I recall, they won't just leave it at the house if no one is home. Thats a good thing, I don't want people to steal my games when I'm at work.

Mine says "Open" as well of course, lets hope that gets changed to "Shipped" by about 5pm EST, eh? :)

I for one want them to leave it. Is there any way to get them to do that? I won't be home until 6:30 PM tomorrow evening, and don't want to wait another day while he redelivers after a signature waiver. Help! Can I just leave a note on my door that says Mr Fed Ex man please leave the package, Signed - DarkSide?

DS

Edit: My status now says processing. After perusing the EB website it says they use both Fedex and UPS....

Just an update ya'll. I called EB and they said they can't ship the game until tomorrow (release date legal crap). However, at least we know they have it in stock and it will be ready to ship tomorrow for those of us that pre-ordered.

D

TheDarkSide.....

I don't think a letter to the FedEx guy will help. I never knew EB used both FedEx and UPS, I would change to UPS if you can. If not, if you know where the FedEx Station is at you can pick it up on your way home. I didnt know how to get UPS delivery from EB thats why I cancelled with them and pre-ordered with Gamestop, actually got it a couple bucks cheaper with overnight.

Yeah, the game listing at EB said it would ship on the 27th. So if you overnighted it you should have it on the 28th - though I thought no one was supposed to get it before the 29th. Looks like you'll be playing one day before everyone else!

Once I had to leave a signature for Fedex. After that, their online status would always say "delivered-signature on file" and I never had to sign for anything again.

I run an online business and can tell you that Fedex and the U.S. Mail (yes, you heard me right) are both excellent. U.S. Priority mail usually takes, at most, 3 days (usually 2) to deliver to anywhere in the continental 48. UPS is the bottom of the barrel for package delivery. I've had more trouble with them as a customer and as a shipper than I've got time to mention!

I've ordered from EB before and if I remember right they overnight with Fedex. I haven't had any bad luck with either, that I remember, though UPS tends to leave packages in areas that are questionable like behind a rock in my front yard... :D

D

I live in the middle of nowhere and I've been forced to pre-order nearly every new game (FPSes of course, nothing else) over the last 4 years or so, mainly from EB, and FedEx has just left the package at my door every single time. I do believe though if you aren't sure what your local people will do leaving a note will indeed suffice. My order says Open too but no matter what I wouldn't bet on getting the game tomorrow as Daedelus pointed out as overnight shipping never gets delivered on the same day it ships. I've held out for that on release day for many games and have always been disappointed.

However, if it DOES show up tomorrow, I will deposit my life savings into EBGames and drive for FedEx for the rest of my life :p

I think EB has been getting a few calls about JKII and game status as I just got off the phone with a customer service rep (had to see what they said for myself) and 10 seconds into the phone call, after my asking about a pre-order with a current open status and whether or not it will ship tomorrow he replied with "Jedi Knight right?" :) He told me "it could possibly ship today, but not likely." I'm betting on the latter of not shipping. Oh well, now I'll be checking my status every 3 minutes thanks to that rep. who was probably just trying to keep me from calling back.

Archived