Home

56k question?

Kuhan

Hey all! I just started visiting this forum. I am glad to see that there is actually a place where people really know that this game even exists. When I usually want to find info on games I go to IGN or GameFAQs but they hardly have anything.

Anyway to get to the point, I was wondering if the multiplayer on this game will be 56k friendly? Back when i played JK it seemed to work OK but when i tried new games the lag was intense. So will this work for my dial-up? I usually get about 50-52 Kbps :confused:

FYI, threads have already been posted on this topic. But i'll give you some information anyways. I'm Sure Raven did the best could with making the netcode friendly to 56krs. Also, to double check to see if you can play Quake 3 point release 1.31 and see what kind of lag you get. That should give you some sort of an idea on what to expect. I didn't give to much but just look around for other threads on this particular question and your answer should be somewhere.

i think you will be ok, i also use 56k, here are my statistics on other quake 3 engine games:

quake3 = ran pretty good

wolfenstein = runs great

medal of honor = runs slow as heck 80% of the time

so hopefully jk2 will be alright, just have to wait and see.

I have a 56K myself. Yes, it connects at 56K, and I don't seem to lag too badly. Provided the players are on the continent. (I play AvP, my 3D card is too bad to play much else..). Also, the time of day seems to have a big effect. :\ And sometimes, it's just luck. Lag is a fickle mistress.

Archived