Home

Strategy Guide #3: First Level Colored Combination Console (SPOILERS!!!)

ChangKhan

Okay, a lot of people have problems with this one, it seems. Throughout the course of this level, you will find 3 colored combination symbols, and they are obviously to be used on the computer consoles in the center of the huge shaft. Only the consoles are off-line and the doors to the other two areas (the "green" and "red" areas) are locked. Here's what you do:

First hint: In the room where you find the blue code- the generator room, you'll find a map with a layout of the base, including the color-coding. You are in the blue wing. From here you can open the other two areas.

|

V

Second hint: Okay, after using the two switches in the generator room, the other two areas of the base should be open to you. In them, you will eventually find the other two codes. But the central console (the main terminal) still needs to be brought on-line. If you are standing at this console, look up on the ledge above you and you'll see a switch on the wall...

Third hint: That switch will activate the central terminal. Go into the red area (I think - it's the area directly opposite the way you came in) and go up some stairs to your left. You'll find a small platform that takes you up to a control room. From there you should be able to get access to that switch and bring the main terminal on-line.

After that, you should be able to figure out what to do...

I have all the codes and the transmitter is powered on... but I can't get the stupid codes entered!! I've been pressing these stupid buttons for hours now and no matter what I do, I can't get the console codes to match up to what appears in my mission info! I press them and press them, I press all three, I try different combinations, I've tried all three colors... I can't get ONE code to come up so I can throw the darn switches! What SEQUENCE do I have to press on the cosoles so I can get the right code symbols to appear??

Thanks! This is really frustrating! I want to get to the second level!

Spoilers

I know one of them is in a room that you have to go through.....

Ok, you know where the big round elevator is that goes into the dark room? From the darkened room find a little door, then a small alcove, that then leads to another small door . Go through it and you will see about 6-7 troopers and an officer. Walk up to the panal and turn the controls. There are two of them... Then to the left you will see a display walk up to it and you will hear kyle say, huh, what's this....

That gets the first code..

If you don't want to know exactly how don't read this message.

To enter the codes, you have to use each one of the three screens to control one part of the image. Once you play with one screen, follow the pattern and match as much of the picture as you can before moving on to the next screen. Keep in mind that some of the image can get covered up by the next screen so don't worry about too many dots. Good luck, I hope this helps, but it is difficult to explain. All I know is that this is not the most difficult part of this game. Just wait

• 2 weeks later...

ok the codes are:

BLUE: 4 triangles like a picture frame has, then a solid "D" shape on the right of them. The triangles are made by having 2 triangles on the left side of the screen on the middle pc, and 2 triangles on the right side of the screen on the pc on the right. The pc on the left is for the "D" shape (to the right of the screen).

YELLOW:2 triangles on the bottom and 4 circles on top. The circles should form the shape of the top of a pyramid , ^, except that, if you think about it, a pyramid would need 5 circles. So the one on the bottom left side is missing. The pc on the right has two cicles in the middle, resembling eyes, the middle pc has two cirles at 12 and 3 o'clock, and the right pc has two triangles on the bottom.

RED:The "D" shape on the bottom (left pc), triangles on top(middle pc), and 12 and 3 o'clock circles(right pc).

After you lock them all in, please tell me how to unglue myself from this game?!

• 2 weeks later...

You'll also have to 'activate' the console - on the side without any of the symbols, you'll see three 'switches' - activate all three (they can only be activated if you've correctly entered the 3 symbols) and you'll have access to the previously unaccessible doorway.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I just got the green code, but now I am faced with a new problem. All my codes are the same as my "Tab" Key inventory, and the machine is online, but the switches on the side of the computer thingy just won't switch on, they dont have the usual red light on them which will turn to blue when the switch is activated, I dont know what to do, Ive seen a red switch which is covered by a shield above me, but there is no platform to get to it, and there is a shield on it . Please tell me what to do.

Hi me again, I just accomplished my last problem. Jans run off to get the ship ready, while I wen't accross to the once unreachable area, I went through the big refridgerator, unlocked a door, but just down that corridor there is another locked door, how do I open I t, Thanks.

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck too. I don't know if you made it to where I made it or not, but I'm stuck in the same area.

SPOILER!!!!!!!

For you Jordan, go back inside the refrigerator thing from the second floor, but don't fall to the ground. Walk around the edge staying on the second floor, and go to the side where the arm is (the thing that looks like it rotates in the freezer room). Jump up that, and there's some more stuff up there. Make sure to go the other way (instead of straight across, walk along the edge on the outside of the freezer to the back) also to get the secret room.

I've killed everybody, and done everything I can think of, but I'm stuck again. I still haven't gotten that door open. How do you get all the things inside the hanger, where everything is up on ledges?

i'm at the cpu's too, jans is at the second set of computers. i'm just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. i've killed everyone, but now i cant figure out what to do....are there like actual walkthroughs in detail to tell you what to do?

Even after reading these messages, I find it absolutely impossible to enter the correct codes on these monitors. I've been at it a good half an hour over a few playing periods after having quit in frustration a few times.

I am making no progress at all. I tried what was suggested, hitting one screen at a time to match as much of the image as possible to that screen before going on to the next, but that does no good.

On each of the three colors, there is one side of the figure that never changes no matter what screen/button I push! And that side, guess what, does NOT match with the codes I see when I press TAB.

Is it possible that the image would match what I see when I press TAB, except that it is rotated to face a different direction? Alas, even assuming THAT I can make no progress.

I have gone at it systematically and have come nowhere close to getting even a single screen to match up. I hear this game becomes fun later on, but I am about to take the CD out of the machine and hit it with a hammer if I don't solve this soon.

Can anybody provide more explicit directions on how to solve this puzzle?

I went up the elevator behing the glass window where the probe droids were. I ran up on the roof of the tunnel and dropped down to get the red code. I went back to the main array, imputed all three good right, and activated the platform. It worked, but a red sheild is still covering the door! What happened? I did everything else right on the level...

Ya know, I've been playing video games for 15 years. I've never run into anything as maddening as this silly color-coded monitor station. Yeah, its on, I've got the codes, but no matter what I do, I can't get the codes to match the monitor. I'm frustrated, feeling sick, and about to wipe this stupid game off my hard drive. 15 minutes into the game on Padawan, and I'm totally stuck? F this.

I have completed this part twice now, maybe it was lcky or maybe i'm clever, but something still baffles me:

When you walk off the platform, towards the red or green area, and the locked doors. There is a buton in the small room where a grey-clad officer watches you (he then runs away). What did those buttons do?

I never noticed.

Also maybe this will help some of those who are stuck here.

Chris

:mob:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Chrisivx

When you walk off the platform, towards the red or green area, and the locked doors. There is a buton in the small room where a grey-clad officer watches you (he then runs away). What did those buttons do?

I never noticed.

Also maybe this will help some of those who are stuck here.

Chris

i guess the buttons are for disabling the guns hanging from the ceiling in the room.

;) it was funny because i was alway walking along the walls (to be extra careful since i only have guns with me), and my message recorder thing just told me mission update, where it happen that i ran into the code.

:duel:

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone...

The codes DO work. Many of us have gotten by, so we know they do. Just be patient and systematic: as you flip each image around, trying to get them lined up, scroll through each section to see where the pieces land. You'll get them to line up.

Also, make sure to play through the whole level, flip every switch and get every key.

Also, when you come to places you're not sure about, PLEASE check the forums for pre-existing help. There is already help posted about the refrigerator room, for example.

Finally, if you get stuck, there are 1 or 2 walkthroughs available. Go to the strategy section of this website, and you'll find them posted there.

Good luck, and keep playing- the game picks up big time when you get your saber (soon). Check out PC Gamer's review for thoughts on this. The later levels, with full saber abilities and force powers, kick butt!

• 2 weeks later...

OK OK OK hold up.

The codes work , i punched them in just today.

(just started JK2-been playing MOHAA ; ))

Here what u do :

1)get 3 codes blue,green and red.

Don't ask me where I don't know. When u press tab U should have 3 color codes listed.--Tip :Run around,press all switches,

look at bright flashy screens till ur eyes burn.

2)Go to main terminal, after u have switched it on(there is a button high up on the wall,just look up and turn till u see a button.)

3)For "RED"-code : Stand so that when u look up u see the red icon on the opposite wall.(u should be standi'n in the center of the room next to the main terminal.)

4)punch in red code-use all 3 screens- till image in center screen matches exaclty image in Datapad/Objective.

P.S : if u have entered it correctly ur datapad will say "Objectives blah blah Updated"

5)Next color -Follow step .2) to .4)

It doesn't matter which color u enter first just as long as u enter all three at their respective terminals.

Success: The fourth walkway should extend, u walk over to door,

go to next part.

GO..go on! U don't know what's in store for u! HAAA...HAA..HA..

Archived