Home

Official California JKII Owner Thread

Bowen

I live in martiniez which is near concord.

And if you don't know where concord is its near oakland.

And if you don't know where oakland is its across the bay bridge from san francisco.

And if you don't know where san francisco is then you don't live in CA.

It is supposed to arrive in the afternoon around one.

I hope it isn't delayed.

Sithcloak

I was born and raised in Concord. My dad and I used to launch out of the Martinez marina all of the time to go sturgeon fishing.

As for the manual it's funny I am the exact same way! I will read the intro and flip through the pages and then usually wait until that night right before I go to bed to actually read the whole thing.

I called the EB at Embarcadero 4 and they have it. I also called the Downtown CompUSA and the Emeryville CUSA and they both have it. I will have it by lunch time.

BTW, Anyone know of any bay area servers for this game yet?

- Does anyone really think the only thing Luke wanted at the Toshie station was power converters?

Those #$%&@ just told me they had it at Embarcadero. I'm gonna be upset if I get over there and they don't, it's a lot closer than the CUSA on Market. Tell you what, I'm taking my lunch between 12:30 and 1:30, I will let you know what I see.

- Does anyone really think the only thing Luke wanted at the Toshie station was power converters?

I spoke to their clerk via phone at 10:10 a.m. and to a clerk last night just before closing, and they did NOT have it in, but they seemed fairly certain that they would have it in with their morning UPS shipment. He said the UPS guy usually comes in just before noon, but they are so busy during the lunch hour they don't have a chance to check and open the boxes until the lunch hour rush subsides. Also, he seemed pretty confident that they're going to have more than enough to cover pre-orders.

I actually tried to order it online but the EB online form kept screwing up, so I chucked it. Since they were offering free two-day shipping, I get it earlier this way, but I have to pay sales tax.

Since I'm only two blocks away, I'll check on it right at 1:00 and post by, say, 1:15 for ya, if that'll save you a trip.

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Software ETC in Sacramento finally called me and my copy is IN!

Uh-oh...(sniff)...I think...(cough)...I think I'm coming down with something.

I better let my boss...(hack, wheeze)...know that I need to take the rest of the day off. :)

I have it!!! I called EB today and was surprised that they had it this morning because their truck does not come in until around noon so they must have received it yesterday. I'm very impressed with the manual as it has all color pages. Most don't now days and it comes in the smaller packaging but has the old style jewel cases not the new DVD type cases. Well I'm off to install it...I'll report on how I like it but I'm pretty sure it will be a very favorable review!!! :D:D:D:D

It's 1:15 p.m. PST on 3/28 and I'm reporting in as promised. The EBX store on the ground floor of 4 Embarcadero Center in San Francisco has 32 copies of the game on display, and another dozen in the tin collector's addition. I got mine.

Go for it! I'll see ya online.

SwedishJedi

:elephant:

I just got back from there myself (got stuck at work and took a late lunch) I grabbed one of the Collector's Tin's and it's pretty cool. The little lightsaber was quite the hit when I got back to work. Now wouldn't you know it, my wife set up our tax appointment for tonight after work. :mad: Oh well, I will play into the wee hours!

P.S. If your in the Bay Area EBX at Embarcadero 4 still has plenty of both regular and collector boxes.

Glad you got your copy, and sorry that your wife's concerns are so ill-timed. I loaded my copy up on my crappy work machine with an old GeForce256 (i.e., GeForce1) and it ran well enough to make it worthwhile to rumble through about ten minutes of the first mission. I brought it home, and the damn thing locks up about ten percent of the way into the load. Don't know if the disk got messed up, or what? Bleahhhhh!

:confused:

Damnet i went to COMP usa in emryville and they said they didn't have it, but to check back tommarrow on friday.

I went and asked customer service and they said they didn't have their in stock date. I think they lied although i didn't see any on display

Can someone tell me another place where i can go in the bay area, where is this EB store, a little help.

Damn it, I knew I should have gone on vacation... Still in Holland and still no game... hopefully tomorrow...

I'll get a collector's tin when I come back... hope EBX in the embarcadero will still have them next week...

Archived