Home

Uhhh.. Okay guys, so is it great or not?

indianajones9

I got it yesturday, and haven't played too much of it yet. I stopped playing it at the very beginning of the Yavin 4 level, so I haven't gotten the saber or Force powers yet (can't friggin' wait to get out of work today :D ). Despite the fact that I haven't even gotten the two most important parts of the game yet, it's still GREAT!! The graphics and character animations are absolutely beautiful (Ghoul 2 damage modelling is stunning), the level design and scripted events are really cool, puzzels are hard but reasonable (actually, I hope puzzels are less frequent in the rest of the game than they were in the beginning levels), and the sound and music are superb. Oh, and I almost forgot, stormtrooper AI is really amazing!

My main gripe was that I had a hard time fighting the stormtroopers with the blasters and bowcaster. They're [edit: the stormtroopers] definately a lot faster and more manuverable than I expected. With the slow-moving shots from the blasters, it really took me a while to get used to "leading" them. Of course the shots were slow in JK1 too, but the stormtroopers were no where near as challenging. Fortunately, after I pick up my Saber, I may never use the Blaster Rifle again!

SHUT UP ABOUT THE GOD DAMN SKY ALREADY! Go outside if you wanna see the damn sky and stop *****ing to everybody on the forums about something that doesnt matter. And all the people that cry about being stuck just suck at the game. If your a impatient person who cant solve even the most simple puzzle expect to get stuck and get over it (loluz). As for the rest of us lets prepare to kick some ass and have some fun =)

Eric

The SP is solid. Some of the puzzles are really goddamn tough, also lots of guy to kill (playing on jedi mode).

I don't know though. I am forced to compare it to other games. I'm a big sw fan so the story is enough for me, but I feel that Deus Ex is the best SP game I've ever played. I wish there were more ways to complete an objective. JK2 is a bit too linear.

MP - I haven't played much yet. CTF feels like quake. Yes I know there are force powers and sabers, but still feels sort of like quake.

Deathmatch - this is I think where JK2 will shine. I am getting a team ready for a team DM ladder (on TWL - http://www.teamwarfare.com) and I think sabers will be great fun. The problem is that I come from Tribes/Tribes 2 so anything that doesn't have a jetpack automatically gets downgraded a bit.

'

Good game, not great game. Still a good one for the collection though.

Guest Apparition

Amen on Deus Ex. Can't wait for the sequel since it's being built on the Unreal 2 engine. Thief 3 is being built by the guys behind Deus Ex too as well (Don't know if we should call them Ion Storm Austin anymore since they broke off from Ion Storm but still haven't registered a name). Anyway, Deus Ex is one of those classic games that has flaws (what game doesn't?) but it's high points make it incredible. But, I'm biased as it's my favorite game of all time. But that's just for single player because I never got into the multiplayer.

Anyway, Jedi Outcast is a shoe in to be one of my favorites.

what the hell is with the clouds thing.. you guys must be from huricane central...i mean most times i look up in the sky, i have to study the clouds for a moment or two just to see what way they are going....north, south or whatever. like im going to stand around and study the clouds in a game....not enough time to do that.... someones going to shoot my a$$ if i just stand there..lol

Guest Apparition

Don't worry about it. It's just Ron. We don't care about the clouds but it's his holy quest to have his opinion heard by all.

Archived