Home

The game runs fine on my system...

Greg Hearn

Welcome to the forums, Greg. Hope you're enjoying your stay. Here... *hands over a chocolate Jedi Medallion* There you go. ;)

I've changed the title of this thread to clarify it a bit. ;)

It's good to hear that your system is running the game okay. I'm running the game on 1024x768 with high settings and volumetric shadows...and so far, it's running pretty smooth. For anyone who's interested, my specs are...

Athlon T-Bird 850Mhz (not O/C'd)

256Mb SDRAM

Geforce 2 GTS with 32Mb DDR

7200 RPM HDD

23.xx Detonator drivers

Win98SE

If you are running the game well on a system with a fairly low spec, perhaps you could post in here to let others know. ;)

Intel P3-500

288 pc 100 ram

voodoo5

Win98SE

currently using cunney's drivers.

I find SP to be very good, multi my framerate decreases a lot in 3v1 firefights and stuff.

playing with all medium detail, 800x600, using modded wickedGL drivers for OpenGL compatibility

Strange, the game is nearly unplayable on my PC...

Athlon 1 GHZ

512 MB PC 133 RAM

ATI Radeon 64 ViVo (Drivers: 6052)

Soundblaster Live Value

Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32A

Creative DVD-ROM

IBM 30 GB Harddisk

Windows XP

If there are enemies on screen the game gets so slow that even the sound stutters... if there are no enemies on screen (or when I am in a small room) the game is so fast, that I can't even react properly...

Setting down the details only makes the fast parts faster...

Seems everyone with a Geforce card can run the game rather smooth... Is there a problem with Radeon cards and this game?

Every other game runs fine... Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor are very smooth.

Originally posted by Lord_Darkmoon

Strange, the game is nearly unplayable on my PC...

Athlon 1 GHZ

512 MB PC 133 RAM

ATI Radeon 64 ViVo (Drivers: 6052)

Soundblaster Live Value

Plextor Plexwriter 12/10/32A

Creative DVD-ROM

IBM 30 GB Harddisk

Windows XP

My system is really close to yours. 1Ghz, 256DDR, GF2Ultra, SB Live MP3...but WinXP is yucky

I encountered that kind of problem when I played the game first. Turn your resolution to 800x600, 16-bits of other things, and bilinear. Also turn down the texture from highest to one lower.

Now it runs fine :)

i have a

AMD athlon 1.33 mhz cpu

Geforce 2 MX 400 64 meg DDR RAM (card)

256 meg DDR ram (system)

soundblaster LIVE! X-Gamer 5.1

it only lags in certain areas on the maps, most noticable was when i went near the red room on the minin level... no NPC's about (i wiped them all out.. he he)

anywho

for referance

i was able to run RTCW on a P2 333 mhz with 320 meg SDRAM and a VooDoo 3 3000 16 meg VRAM

and thats with the GFX maxed out :p

but then i finally built my new one...

anywho

Archived