Home

Any chance of a Linux Client

polygon_monkey

I cannot get JK2O to work on my computer. I have a kt7 raid MB, 1.3 ghz tbird, and a geforce 3 ti500. After hours of trying to get the game to work and dozens of drivers and fixes I have been unsucessful. It may be due to the nv4_disp.dll error I have been encountering.

I play Unreal tournament, Quake 3, and RTCW fine in linux. Will we see a linux port, and if not is there a way I can get a refund for this game? I bought it a compusa and they do not take software returns. I still have the receipt.

I would go through the roof (in the good sense) if we would see a Linux Client for Jedi Knight II. One wouldnt think it so hard (admitted; I dont really know what Im talking about), considering the fact that it uses the Q3 engine and that RTCW is up and running (and running extremely good that is) on Linux. Anyone heard anything?

Actually, friends of mine fired up the game on WineX and said it works GREAT!

Since JK is based on the already covered Q3 engine, which uses openGL instead of DirectX, makes porting very easy.

Now, I'm pretty sure they'll make a linux client port, after some time... but u should try running it on WineX if u can't wait.

Archived