Home

Turn invisible? Float? Purple wall/shield?

Jakobud

When I play against bots in multiplayer, there a few wierd things they they seem to be able to do that I can't figure out.

1. They are able to turn themselves invisible for a short duration. Is this the Jedi Mind Trick? In Multiplayer, if I am fighting someone and I use this, do I have to have the reticle perfectly on them when I use it in order for it to work? If this is not the Mind Trick, is it possible to do or is it just bot cheating?

2. I have floating in multiplayer before. Not sure how it happened. I was jumping through the air and was sort of ducking in the air at the same time, and then all of the sudden I stayed in that pose and stayed at the same elevation (about 10 feet off the ground) and began floating, and I could even control which direction to float to. It only lasted a few seconds I think. It's happened twice to me but I can't recreate. Anyone know?

3. When fighting the bots in multiplayer, sometimes this huge translucent, purple wall/shield will appear between me and the bot. Not sure if he made it or what. It's very wide and high. I have to force jump just to get over it. It only lasts for 5 seconds or so. Not sure if it hurts me if I touch it. I steered clear of it. Can players do this?

Also, while I am posting, I'm trying figure out how to reconfigure my force power distribution points through cfg scripts. I've found the "seta forcepowers 7-1-1032101 etc..." in the default config file. Through experimentation I've determined what all the different numbers represent. Anyways in the console I try to set the forcepowers to different numbers and do all sorts of stuff but I cant seem to get it to redistribute the numbers. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Jakobud

1.) That's Mind Trick. The first level you're invisible to one person you target, the second you're invisible to a group of people you target, and the third level you're invisible to everyone in the game.

2.) Sounds like they were Gripping you.

3.) There's a deployable force field item, I believe...

Archived