Home

Double Bladed Saber a reality?

GonkH8er

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Apparition

I think it's a cool thing but not something I'd want to use because cheats have to be enabled on the server and you know there will be tons of people who won't work well under the honor system just so you can use a dual sided lightsaber model. And if it was done in 15 minutes, it probably doesn't have collision detection or even different animations. But hey, you never know.

Just hope that we will all soon be able to control a double light saber in its full capacity and beauty, cause only being able to control it in a cheats able server sucks and will be nothing particularly interesting.:atat: :atat: :atat: :atat: :atat:

Guest Apparition

You guys don't seem to get it. You won't see this in a multiplayer game any time soon. If ever for this game. It isn't just a matter of adding collision detection for the second blade (which, Mork, is a huge ammount of effort. Collision detection was what took up most of the development time) they would need whole new moves and animations so that you don't stab yourself and for the motions to look fluid. Above that, you would also have to be able to regulate common motions like walking, jumping, running, using force powers so that they work visually with the dual saber.

It's not just a matter of taking 15 minutes and putting it together. The one that is in the cheats is just simply there for aesthetics. It's really cool but it's not what you want. This is not something that is generally feasible at this point. Perhaps in the next portion of the Jedi Knight series we might see it and maybe if Raven wanted to take the long amount of time to put it into an expansion pack we might see it. But the perfect dual sided lightsaber won't be found in the mod community.

That doesn't mean people won't make some wicked looking versions though :) Take what you can get.

Well If it helps I loaded up Cygwin and ran a "strings jk2mp.exe" ... strings is a Unix command that lists all the text strings contained in a binary.

I'll email out the strings output to anyone who wants it- I haven't gone through all of them but one little treasure I found when grepping random ideas is "dualBlade" ..... I haven't tried running the command yet if anyone wants to look and tell me if it does anything.

A strings on jk2gamex86.dll shows another interesting set of strings (internal variables probably):

cg_debugsaber

BOTH_SABERPULL

BOTH_SLAMSABERDOWN

BOTH_SABERTHROW2STOP

BOTH_SABERTHROW2START

BOTH_SABERTHROW1STOP

BOTH_SABERTHROW1START

BOTH_SABERKILLEE1

BOTH_SABERKILLER1

BOTH_REACHFORSABER1

BOTH_SABERSLOW_STANCE

BOTH_SABERFAST_STANCE

I'll play around with it some more and see if I can't find anything else.

Regards,

rit :deathii:

The thing is, once someone does unlock it, don't expect crap from it. I mean, Toshi said he only did in 15 minutes so don't expect to go around wielding it like Darth Maul doing all the Bo type attacks.

Unless...Toshi you're not that good a programmer to program a full move list in 15 minutes...

Now we all need is the ability to wield 2 lightsabers at a time ala the latest Epi2 trailer.

easter egg

this easter the final day of easter falls on april 1st...

april 1st is known as ...... april fools day

what was that big april fools joke pulled a couple years back on voodooextreme.com ... hidden stuff in a game and even the developers got in on it ...

place ya bets ppl.

was expecting someone to say that.

And we allll believe you too...really =p

If you really knew you wouldnt be an ass and keep it from everyone, youd tell us.(not the raven people they made the game and keep it secret for a reason)

Ok I lied.

Set your timeclock to April 1st

start a map

Here's the tricky part, you CANNOT have cheats on when you do this.

Get a -666 score during that map

Type "I do not know the power of the darkside"

devmap map

Select your lightsaber, select again to holster it

then..

/THEDESTROYER

You're all horrible disbelievers and do not deserve this knowledge.

-spite

Archived