Home

Double Bladed Saber a reality?

GonkH8er

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, well.. looks like it's public now anyway. Enjoy ^_^

Really though, I should stress that this was just a silly little thing I did on my own. It should not really be considered "part of the game" and there is of course no actual support for it. It's just a gimmick and nothing more.

Also, spite, you are beginning to frighten me.

Originally posted by Toshiya[RAVEN]

Ah, well.. looks like it's public now anyway. Enjoy ^_^

Really though, I should stress that this was just a silly little thing I did on my own. It should not really be considered "part of the game" and there is of course no actual support for it. It's just a gimmick and nothing more.

I just played on a private server so cheats were okay and all of us sat there scratching our heads to why this wasn't left in and could have been a force option. The thing makes like twice as many hits then the regular saber and the only bug I found was once in awhile you loose keyboard fuctionality. But that may just be me ramming on my keys:) Double rules it even enhances the game play and honestly makes dueling even more intence. Guessing the higher ups who never truely know the right thing said no huh? Well I just want to say thank you for leaving it in... maybe it will come in hand for mod development.

Thanks alot Spite the cheats works, with me it works if i type in /THEDESTROYER when i do \THEDESTROYER it gives me some error message. I got my Darth Maul skin and i got a double bladed saber thanks to Spite :)

Also could someone tell me how to get the fps counter at the top of my screen and how to bind screenshots to a key Thanks.

Having played against a Dual Blade using only a single blade i must say i am glad that this is not intented as part of the game. The Dual Blade is much easier to kill with than using single blade, to fight against it with a single is almost impossible. If it did become standard then everyone would be using dual blades, which i don't think would be good. So i'm sticking with my Single Blades.

Double ended sabers are far to hard ... even in light stance i managed to kill somone who was holding a single saber in about 2 seconds ... just run upto them and slap the atatck button as fast as u can :)

http://www.zooticus.com/images/gallery/shot0015.jpg

http://www.zooticus.com/images/gallery/shot0008.jpg

also does anyone know the command to turn demo's on ? i tried to demo the dbl saber but it said something like "sv_clienttrace is not set to 1 demos cannot be recorded on this server" ... it was on my own server and i couldnt find the command for turning it on any help would be appreciated :)

I can see an easy to make mod develop out of this. "kill the saber staff" or "Kill the Maul" A duel map is used where two people with normal lightsabers go up against one person with a lightstaff, complete with the duel of fates music from epidsode one playing in the background.

Whoever kills the person with the lightstaff is allowed to use the staff himself in the next round and two different lightsaber users go up against the new beholder of the lightstaff. ;)

Don't take this idea seriously though, I'm just babbeling

Originally posted by r_e_c_o_i_l

wait so how do you enable cheats in multiplayer

if you go into a public server than you can't enable it (i think) but if you make your own server than open the console and type in devmap mapname for example devmap ffa_deathstar then the map should load up and it will say Cheats enabled. Then holster your lightsaber (basically get your ligitsaber out then press the key on your keyboard assigned to getting the lighsaber out, this should keep you lightsaber out but the blade will go away. Then go into the console and type in /THEDESTROYER or \THEDESTROYER (one of them will work) and you will have a duel lightsaber

Alright, this isn't working for me

name exactly STEP BY STEP, what i have to do on ffa_deathstar while running in devmap what to do

do i have to kill myself, do i have to have a certain saber stance before holstering . . . am i just a moron, is there something i have to download

the command is saying its an unknown command both all caps and lowercase with / and \

Archived