Home

JKO on Windows 2000?

d39

I am curious if anyone is running JKO on a Windows 2000 system? And if so, how is it performing? I currently have W98 installed, but at work we have W2k, and I really like it, and am thinking about redoing my system with it. JKO is running fine on my system now though, and this game is an instant classic in my little world! :D Thank you a head of time for all comments.

-D39

Hi,

I'm running win2k and have been for a long time, JK2 runs perfectly on it. I did just need to change the com_hunkmegs cvar to 512 to stop the bad frame rates but that has nothing to do with win2k :). Most non dos games will work with win2k as long as its setup right. If you want more info on what games will work, checkout http://www.ntcompatible.com/comp.php?cat=games&idx=0. Since I've installed it I've never looked back :).

Andy

Oh, heres my specs too:

AMD Tbird 1Ghz @ 1.33Ghz

Abit KT7a

768Mb PC133 RAM

Elsa Galadiac 920 Geforce 3

Soundblaster Live! Player (may cause a few hassles at the begining)

No problems. I've really had no problems running any contemporary game (and may old ones, I might add) on Windows 2000 Professional.

I'd go as far to say that you'll see greater stability with Win2K than you will on XP.

Win2K has been out for years and is highly refined. XP, only for a relatively short time.

Archived