Home

Strategy Guide #2: The Red Room on Artus Mine (SPOILERS!!!)

ChangKhan

A note about the posts I will try to continue to make under the title "Strategy Guide"... I will try to provide clues at the top of the post, then outright answers at the bottom. So as you're reading it, you can stop when you think you've read enough and can figure the rest out for yourself....

So, that red room on the first artus mine level, where the carts come in, the room turns red and you die. A lot of people have trouble with this one, it is a bit obscure.

First hint: Don't try to approach the room directly, look for another way in.

Second hint: Make sure to look through the security cameras.

Third and final hint: Look around outside and see if you see/hear anything unusual.

Answer: Go outside on the catwalk and look for the 2 posts. Look down over the ledge and wait for a pipe to extend. Drop down on it and, when it retracts, go in it and you'll be under the red room. Now you can stop the process in the red room and get on the carts with impunity.

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Good idea, Mike - thanks for doing this for us :)

BTW - if you can close threads, does that mean that you could 'stickify' the Strategy Guides...?

Would be a useful thing, methinks :)

hehe, good point, forgot I could do that!

:)

hey - but how does one end this level?

i disabled the mining process with coupla explosives - at least the killing red light disappeared - but the level doesn't end.

is it connected with the violet-colored tramway where wasn't any machines?

how will i get to next level?

Hmmm very interesting, I actually beat this level using a different method, I followed the cart that was leaving the red room and stood in the door way, the door would never close but took off 4 health points each time it tried (I was standing in the way) and the next cart came in and I didn't get burned/sizzled/or whatever the purification process that goes on, anyways, after that I just jumped on the cart and I was able to jump into a little area that had green crystals, but I am glad to know there is another (correct) way to get by this obstacle, I was getting upset after spending 2 hours trying to figure it out.

Guest marklar

OK. I'm on the cart. But what's next?

It carries me towards another room, but when the door opens there is a blue force filed or something, and I can't get trough it... The cart pushes me towards it and I die.

What's wrong? Please HELP! :)

Okay i am down underneath that machine. If i spend too long i die. Anyway what am i suppose to do in such a short time?

Plant explosives??

Then how am i suppose to jump on the carts.

Jedi knight is a good game, but like dark forces 2 it can become confusing.

"OK. I'm on the cart. But what's next?

It carries me towards another room, but when the door opens there is a blue force filed or something, and I can't get trough it... The cart pushes me towards it and I die.

What's wrong? Please HELP!"

ride the cart to the end of the first turn, the cart will turn right, on the left hand side are some lights and a place you can jump to, go in there....

"Okay i am down underneath that machine. If i spend too long i die. Anyway what am i suppose to do in such a short time?

Plant explosives??

Then how am i suppose to jump on the carts.

Jedi knight is a good game, but like dark forces 2 it can become confusing."

the explosives disable the purificationn process, the carts continually keep going no matter what, then you can jump on a cart in the red room and you wont die because the purification/refining process doesn't heat you up anymore.

Originally posted by Miracleasd

though there had to be a legit way. i ended up brute forcing my way thorugh using all the bacta i had.

HAHAHAHA!!

I didn't even turn off the 'red process' as suggested in this thread. I just waited for the car to come out of the room and jumped onto the front. Took me about 5 or 6 tries.

I did go down through that exhaust tube but I didnt know to plant a bomb. *shurg* LOL!

Im under the room. Plant bombs, until the thing blows up. Then what? how do i go up back into red room? Also am i still supposed to get killed in that room when the flying dumpster comes? im just stuck no way back up. i think plse help!

Im not much of a gamer

Originally posted by alleycat

Im under the room. Plant bombs, until the thing blows up. Then what? how do i go up back into red room? Also am i still supposed to get killed in that room when the flying dumpster comes? im just stuck no way back up. i think plse help!

Im not much of a gamer

There is a small lift in there that takes you back up into the red room.

Guest marklar

"<i>ride the cart to the end of the first turn, the cart will turn right, on the left hand side are some lights and a place you can jump to, go in there....</i>"

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Archived