Home

Massive framerate drop in the *Spoiler*

Kuhan

I am experiencing a massive framerate drop in the Yavin Swamp. Can anyone explain this? I have a GeForce 2 64mb and 1.6ghz with 256ram. is there something i need to do? It is almost unplayable at times.

I got that too... well I haven't checked the fps change, but it was pretty obvious. I guess it is simply the larger spaces with vegetation that are presenting the problem. I suggest turning down some video options. Having said that, I was still able to play a reasonable game (definately not as smooth though) with almost maxed out graphics on my P3 866 512RAM Radeon 64DDR.

It's the fog effect.

A lot of the lower end video cards (especially anything below GeForce 3) has a tough time rendering full fog. The vegetation doesn't affect framerate that much since they're just simple 3rd textures.

I wonder if it's possible to disable the fog with a console command.

-Caster

My ghz Athlon, GF3, 786 mb RAM system almost cried during that level. It wasn't UNPLAYABLE, but several parts were very choppy, especially the duel with the 2 Shadowtroopers near the beginning.

I had bigger issues with figuring out which f*ing way to go. A compass would have helped there. We can go into hyperspace, but we can't use a compass... super. I kept getting spun around in fights, so couldn't tell which valley I'd just come from, or which tiny, submerged hole to crawl through. :-p

It was beautiful, though. I've been waiting a long time to see something like that in a FPS.

Archived