Home

lightsaber model!

Necro

Sorry to jump in felon, but you're mistaken. If you can't hold that sabre with two hands, then Luke can't hold his. I assume you're referring to the rectangular protrusion halfway down - well, if you look at Luke's lightsabre, it has something very similar (sorry guys, can't remember which lightsabre i'm talking about, could be lightsabre circa ANH or RotJ - i THINK ANH). I noticed it when watching the films recently and got to thinking about it - IMHO, that protrusion is where you'd put your lower thumb. Just my two creds ;)

Nice model anyway necro, looking forward to everything about the JK mod community - hoping Raven are gonna help - I mean how sweet would it be if they acknowledged third party sabre hilt remodelling, and included a load of em, and a switch option for MP in a patch. That would be amazing. It's been said before but that option, combined with an RGB slider for saber colour, would be unbelievable. Silver sabres all the way!!!

m.d.c. :fett:

Necro, I could apply skinmesh to your model, but you might have to find me the textures because I don't know how to make skins, yet. Anyway lately I have been researching skinning,texturing, etc... so send me your saber and i'll get started. (By the way I did all my skinning in 3dsmax 3.1 and if know a better skinning program let me know)

In reference to Luke's saber from ANH and ESB...

I bet most of you don't know what that hilt actually is.. hehe it's actually a photography light stand handle used in studios, and they glued windshield wipers on the lower 3rd of the handle, and attached a circuit board thing.. but pretty much unchanged lighting stand part. You can actually order kits even today to make an authentic one.

I actually made a hilt out of plumbing supplies and stuff that cost me roughly 15 dollars...

saber1.jpg

also here's a link to other crap I've made...

http://www.parksart.com

NICE saber :cool: Remember to apply the crome effect on the metal areas

Probably wouldn't look as smooth in the game, sith. I think he's rendered it in Max. I did that once on a Half-Life model of a battle droid. The one of the left is how it looks in the game and the on to the right is the same model but rendered:

droid.jpg

If image doesn't load direct your browser to http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/rog/droid.htm

Angelfire (and Geocities) is really lame when it comes to linking image files

Shame they don't look like that in games. I guess in the future when we all have super-powerful computers, say 6GB and 5Gig RAM then we could.

Nice! Looks like the Anakin Episode II saber. I'm a lightsaber guru, so I'd like to see all kinds of saber hilt mods put into the game. Here's some from my collection.

sabercollection.JPG

1. Luke ESB 2. Maul TPM 3. Qui-Gon TPM 4. Obi-Wan TPM/AOTC 5. Luke ROTJ 6. Vader ANH

As you can see the Vader and Anakin one (the model in this thread is most similar to the AOTC Anakin Saber) are very similar. Nice foreshadowing, eh?

Archived