Home

Regarding Force Push and Grip

Dralsk

I dont know about anyone else, but I'm damn sick of these two powers. Throwing someone off a cliff with grip or push is good for a laugh or two, but requires very little skill and gets annoying as hell after the 150th time (per game).

Lets see some new skills being used eh?

Personally, I'm working on finding a way to get out of those irritating skills.

Ahh when I was at my friends house playing on the Lan, him and his brother kept doing that to me.... well prevous to this I had showed them the dual saber so we had cheats on... needless to say they were stunned when they'd throw me over and then I'd come floating back up cause of no clip.... hey it's what happens when I get annoyed with that crap. Heh, they didn't know what was going on. Why I could fly heh heh. was funny as hell. Popping up outta the floor behind them and hacking them up

The problem with these skills also is the lag factor.

Anyone who isn't running an outstanding ping to the server will fall to em every time.

I usually am falling over the edge before I even know someone has a grip on me. No time to try to break it with a push.

And there is no way to counter a push, you just hope that luckily your char will block it.

Originally posted by Dralsk

I dont know about anyone else, but I'm damn sick of these two powers. Throwing someone off a cliff with grip or push is good for a laugh or two, but requires very little skill and gets annoying as hell after the 150th time (per game).

Lets see some new skills being used eh?

Personally, I'm working on finding a way to get out of those irritating skills.

push doesn't work on you unless you're performing an action, otherwise you would just experience a "whoosh" noise that tells you you're getting pushed/pulled.

if you don't panic and start swinging your weapon then you'll never get pushed off cliffs. note also being in the air is counted as performing an action.

and force grip is easily counted. absorb. if you're a dark jedi then that's the price you pay for having more offensive based force powers.

Got tossed off many a ledge myself. Force shove (the word push does not do it justice) does seem to counter the choke, but you have to turn and face your choker before shoving and most of the time you are already falling before you get the chance.

I started avoiding places where the choke was being used excessively.

I haven't experimented with this yet, but you seem to have to have good reflexes and no lag, but here is what I have incountered in this situation:

I was doing the force grip on this guy and throwing him off the edge... well the mofo started doing force pull on my ass... pulled me down with him needless to say. I would like to try this against force push if you could get the timing right.

Ah, the beauty of force absorb. At first I was using force push to counter grip but it wasn't working that well. Now I just give full force power to absorb and whenever I'm near a ledge, i automatically start using absorb. It works wonders. The funniest thing is these morons who rely too heavily on force powers and suck horribly at actual saber dueling. You haven't laughed until you've seen a guy actually run away from you after he realizes his force powers are useless against you. Once you put on absorb, you can just go through and destroy some of these aholes who use grip and push entirely too much.

u know what i hate most???? ROCKET LAUNCHERS AND GOLDEN ARMS!!!! omg those things get annoying when ur trying to have a 3 way duel with lightsabers when all of sudden some newbie starts hunkin rockets right in the middle of it, then he force speeds out of there to keep from us gettin him. force powers are cool with me. when i get pushed or gripped over a cliff i just laugh and track down the f0o0o0 that did that and do it right back at him.

The thing about not performing an action is interesting.. does moving count as an action, just outta curiosity? Also as for push countering it, it does seem to work, but as BrainStorm said, usually you are falling off a cliff by the time you get it to work. Now to me that's a bit lame.

Still, force push it is a good tactic to have against those who use grip for damage (not near any pits).

Also, with force absorb, I had moderate success with that myself, a few questions though, can you be moved while absorbing grip? Does it absorb push?

The not performing an action thing sounds like it would work, and I intend to do some informal testing on it.

The thing about lag is true, however lagging through a kill i wouldn't consider cheap, just sore luck. I feel your pain though, I've just now upgraded to dsl from 56k.

On the bright side, this does give us time to discuss force powers and how to counter them, which is always fun.

Thanks to all for your advice and comments.

By the way, what's all this about newbies? Aren't we all newbies? The game just came out ya know. =)

If you have on force absorb, their force powers can't touch you and only replenish your force pool. If you turn on absorb even while you're being gripped in midair, you'll drop in place. That's when it's time to go hack them to death while they are still in shock that you didn't fall over the ledge. I really suck at force powers, it's just too much for me to think about at one time. That's why absorb's perfect for me, it's kind of a passive force power. When it's NF, Sabers i'm in my element, but FF guns and I stink horribly...of course i should mention that i never practice FF guns. So that begs the question...Do I stink at FF guns because I hate it (and therefore don't practice it)? or do I hate FF guns because I stink at it?

drain sucks compared to absorb..

sure, you drain the opponent's force pool, and get your health back, but remember, it also uses up your force pool..

not to mention, if the opponent is using absorb, you waste your force pool, get no health, and increase his/her force pool some more..

absorb is the ultimate defensive power vs force!

this is why Lightsiders aren't offensive.. they rely on turning evil against itself..

:)

Originally posted by seanconnery

It's nice to have so many newbies to throw off the edges at this point...they';ll disappear soon so I'm treasuring my last moments with them...:D

*scratching head* Newbies??

What, just because you may have had the game for 1 week longer than some of us make you a Master?

Ummm...............no.

Quit sucking on the hyperdrive fumes and come back to reality......geez this elite stuff is getting old as well as the super cheese Grip and Drain....two powers that seriously need tweaked down.

Throw off ledges.....well guess that tells us you suck so bad at regular combat that you have to run around and just grip and toss....sad, truly sad.

Archived