Home

ACK! need help with linux ded serv

SirDogmeat

im *attempting* to put up a linux box with a serv... got the binaries dl'ed and such, followed the instructions in the readme, but when i run (or attempt to) the exe, i get a command not found... I'm running RedHat 7.2

i know this is probably basic linux knowledge, but im fairly new to it and would really like to get this working...

Can you please paste the exact error your are getting here? What command line are you using to startup the server? Did you upload the .pk3 files into the base directory? Sorry for the game of 20 questions, but it's against the law for me to use my telepathic powers without a court order. ;)

hmmm, i did try that, as that was listed in the readme. I didnt get any errors doing so either, and if i look at the permissions on the file in kde, it shows rwx permissions for all users/groups. It also lists the file as an executable....

i tried red'ing the binaries straight to that machine, as the first try had been dl'ed off of a windows rig, but it seemed to make no difference....

*sigh*

well i found it, im not sure whether to be happy or just flat out angry with myself...

when i posted the command line i put in the./ assuming it was denoting the current dir and some wierd wacked out crap...

thanx for all the help matrix, although at times i wonder if theirs really any help out there for me ;)

Archived