Home

Moron here...a little hint please on deactivating ATSTs

Novice

I've been racking my puny mind for solutions so they can land and pickup the freed prisoners but I have quickly exhausted my less than adequate noodle. A small hint from a more experienced Jedi would put me greatly in their debt.

Also go easy on the "turret" gun's ammo. Especially if you use to sweep all of the storm troopers off the ledge. You can exhausts its ammo. It only takes one accurate shot to kill a stormtrooper with that gun emplacement.

I had used up a bunch of my ammo on the storm troopers, when I turned around to get the AT-ST below, I ran out of ammo.

Here is how I got past that level.

Drop out of the pipe. Run to the left and enter the room and kill the stormt and officer, press switch to lower the elevator. Run around and get on it. Avoid shots from the AT-ST, but don't waste ammo on it.

Once up on that area, shoot any stormies on the ground and head for the gun emplacement. Jump on and immediately take out the AT-ST that is below you. (or else he'll just nail you from behind). Then turn around and pick off all of the stormies on the ledge and any new ones on the ground. A new AT-ST will appear, kill that one too. Be accurate on your shots. If you just hold down the trigger and sweep the stormies on the ledge, you'll use twice as much ammo than have too.

Once you have finished laying waste to everything in site, go down the elevator, and head to the left, there will be a few more stormies, and a new AT-ST. I just dropped the stormies and out-ran the AT-ST into the large Hanger door. take the lift up to the top. The AT-ST can't get you here. Run past the ION cannons, take out a few stormies on the way, I found it was best to use the last emplacement gun to take out that lingering AT-ST. Fire off your shots and then jump off before the AT-ST's final missles reach you. BTW: the floors around the ION guns will electricallly charge just before they fire, don't stand on them at that time.

Go inside, clear out the AT-ST hanger, enter the center door at ground level, throw a switch, go back up where you came from, use the gun emplacement again to take out the ION cannons. Go back into the AT-ST hanger, and then work your way around the other side of the top most level. Exit through there and give Jan a nice big kiss goodbye.

Cyclone

Actually...you do not run out of ammo, you lose your ammo because you get shot. When you take dmg you lose ammo. While you were shooting troopers the at-st below was spamming rockets at you. You need to take out the at-st first, then the troopers starting from the left then the 3 officers then finally the at-st that comes out the doors. Then save :p

Also, be careful; there is a game stopping bug in this area that some of us (including me) have encountered. When you come up to the third ATST, do not try to lure it back to the first gun emplacement; run past it instead. If you try to lure it back, sometimes it disappears and renders the mission incompletable since one of the objectives is to destroy all ATSTs. Doesn't seem to happen all the time; I think it happens if you run back to the first gun emplacement as soon as you see him. If you lure him and he's nearby, he might not disappear, then again, he still may.

Archived