1. 1. Do you have a GC?

• Yes.
    • No and I'm not getting it.
    • No, but I'm going to get it.
    • No, I might get it.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Redwing

Gamecube will be my first console. I WANT Rogue Leader. And I WILL have it. :D

I felt the same way about Starfighter for the ps2, i practically bought the system for that game...well...that and Final Fantasy X.

Anyways, i played Luigi's Mansion today, and is it just me, or is that game totally HORRIBLE?!?

It isn't just you...the game stinks!!! They gave Luigi a pittiful game...unlike Mario and his last 50 games that were hits...they just HAD to change the gameplay up so much that it ended up as a Kiddy game...that is the reason PS2 is my choice...I may get GameCube sometime but not this year that is for sure...

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

It isn't just you...the game stinks!!! They gave Luigi a pittiful game...unlike Mario and his last 50 games that were hits...they just HAD to change the gameplay up so much that it ended up as a Kiddy game...that is the reason PS2 is my choice...I may get GameCube sometime but not this year that is for sure...

Really, whats up with the vacuum thing and you can't even jump!!! So great, you go on a fun adventure with....a flashlight and a vacuum?!? Come on nintendo!!! They must really be running out of ideas.

Guest Master Yoda

Id agree with you but Luigi's Mansion was the best selling game at the GameCube launch!! Rogue Leader came in a CLOSE second and then Wave Race Blue Storm came in third. I think that RTS games need to stay on PC. In my mind the only thing that is lacking on the GC, that I want is a realistic racing game, other than that I cant think of anything else that I want,other than the games out for it taht I dont have YET and the games that are coming out for it!! :D

Originally posted by Master Yoda

Id agree with you but Luigi's Mansion was the best selling game at the GameCube launch!! Rogue Leader came in a CLOSE second and then Wave Race Blue Storm came in third.

The only reson is it is the PILOT game for it and when it was first released in Japan ROgue Leader wasn't out yet. Besides I looked at most of the GameCube places and they are practically FORCEING you to buy Luigi's Mansion by puting it in the special packages they send to stores like Toys 'r' us and Wal Mart...

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Really, whats up with the vacuum thing and you can't even jump!!! So great, you go on a fun adventure with....a flashlight and a vacuum?!? Come on nintendo!!! They must really be running out of ideas.

WWWHHHAAATTT????

Luigi's Mansion is a good game! If you were expecting a platformer, then of course you'll be disappointed! It's like complaining about Rogue Leader for the lack of missions on foot... Luigi's Mansion is a fun adventure game. How can you say they are running out of ideas with a game as original as this one???

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

WWWHHHAAATTT????

Luigi's Mansion is a good game! If you were expecting a platformer, then of course you'll be disappointed! It's like complaining about Rogue Leader for the lack of missions on foot... Luigi's Mansion is a fun adventure game. How can you say they are running out of ideas with a game as original as this one???

i meant that they are running out of good ideas. Face it, the game is pathetic. It has a horrible storyline, terrible gameplay, and the only thing that i liked about the game is that it looked decent. Pretty much everyone here agrees, and the critics do too.

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Tie Guy

i meant that they are running out of good ideas. Face it, the game is pathetic. It has a horrible storyline, terrible gameplay, and the only thing that i liked about the game is that it looked decent. Pretty much everyone here agrees, and the critics do too.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, of course. But it isn't a bad game at all, far from it. I liked the gameplay very much, but it doesn't have much replay value. It's a great rental, IMHO. I liked it for what it was: a fun adventure game.

Since when Nintendo games are about storyline?

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

It's not everyone's cup of tea, of course. But it isn't a bad game at all, far from it. I liked the gameplay very much, but it doesn't have much replay value. It's a great rental, IMHO. I liked it for what it was: a fun adventure game.

Since when Nintendo games are about storyline?

The storyline is bad, but what really gets me is the gameplay, which Nintendo normally does very well. It may be an adventure game, but something about playing one with a vacuum and a flashlight not apealling, and not suprisingly, pretty dull and boring if you ask me. I played it for all of 15 minutes before i got completely tired and bored with it and went and played X-box of all things.

I really liked Luigi's Mansion alot. The only probelm I had with the game was it was way to short! I still think it is very fun and vacuum idea is interesting, but still it does doesn't live up to be a true Mario Adventure. (Hey, it is Luigi.) :)

That is what I think.

Super Monkey Ball is fun to. (I rented it a few days ago.)

Guest Master Yoda

Luigi's Mansions ok, my bro LOVES IT!! Personally ill stick to Rogue Leader, Wave Race, SSBM, ect. Tie Guy, Luigi's Mansion is NOT the only game for GCN!! Ill admit that I have only played RL, Wave Race, and then about 10 min of Luigi's Mansion and other than Luigi's Mansion, the games have ROCKED!!! SSBM is goong to RULE too!!!:D

Guest Tie Guy

I know, and i'll certainly admit that RL is a GREAT game, but other than that and SSBM, there isn't anything now or in the near future good enough to make me spend my money on it when i already have a PS2, which is still FAR superior IMO.

Still, maybe sometime in the future...

Guest Kioet Csuhen
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

GAH! My Wal-Mart still hasn't gotten any GC's in! What the hell is that all about?! :mad:

You can't have it all Rhett. You said your walmart gets alot of sw action figures. My walmart gets hardly any. (and when there is some, i usually have them, or there's 1 i don't have and have no choices on which one to get).

move to the city. ;)

Archived