Home

My force drain solutions

Mero Vilul

I have two solutions for the force drain "inbalance" as many people thinks it is. Even I do.

But we all know the dark side is and will always be stronger than the puny light.

Solution 1 - It don't always works.

Force Drain only works when the user has less life than 100.

Example(using example numbers):

I have 75 life, I drain my opponent for 25 life, taking away 40% of hes force. he still has 60% left, but continuing draining him will not make a different anymore, as I now has 100 life.

This solutions turns Drain more into a healing spell for the dark side, not a drain-the-opponent-of-all-force-force.

Solution 2 - It takes a while.

Force Drain works exactly the same as it do now, but it takes a lot more time to drain all the opponents force power.

I figure around 3 times longer would be a decent number.

Force Drain only works when the user has less life than 100.

thats not true... people can run up to you right away (say in dual games) and start draiing, i still had extra hp and a dude drained all mah mana!

Originally posted by Wesman

thats not true... people can run up to you right away (say in dual games) and start draiing, i still had extra hp and a dude drained all mah mana!

These are my solutions for making drain less overpowered.

Drain to not work this way now, I know that.

I mainly use drain as counter for the Jedi's healing, but I'm tired of peopel calling me lame and newbie, just because I drain all their force powers at the same time I heal.

Originally posted by ]CkB[Polaris

when the opponent tries to drain you he cant shoot. get close and hack him to bits. I have yet to see why so many people think this is a problem.

This isn't relevant on no weapon servers... you HAVE to get in close anyway because you can't shoot him and he can't shoot you.

Another problem is that you HAVE to get in close because now you can't even throw your saber at him (that costs force power).

As far "running around with absorb on" that doesn't work either. Drain is too quick before you get it up, and if you already have it up, they can just round around waiting for you to run out of force power, and you've done their work for them.

Essobie

Originally posted by Mero Vilul

Makes no difference, I keep close, but no to close, and when it goes of you will get drained instantly.

And you can try absorbing with no force.

If we have no force then Drain is useless. If Absorb goes off, were out of force. Draining only alerts us to your position.

I think solution one is great.. and im a drain user myself at times.

But i dont use cheap tactics.. i already ONLY use drain when my health is getting low.. usually not before 60% as i like a fight.. not a "drain all mana so the fight isnt a challenge anymore"

Hopefully someone in the MOD community can fix some of the weirdness out there

Archived