Home

Favorite Thing About Jedi Outcast

neovita

It's gotta be fighting crowds of enemies (in SP). I've never played a game where it felt so easy to fight big groups. Serious Sam was fun but definitely no finesse like this. And you have to have the realistic saber combat flag set. On the hardest level it's a real ride.

I originally bought the game for MP and didn't expect much from the SP, and the initial few SP levels didn't stoke me, but once I reached Bespin it was like a different game. Reminded me of the saber fights against the droids on Naboo in EP1. And I must have reloaded the Tavion and Reborn fights a dozen times (once I started winning) just to try new things.

I almost think I could do without the puzzles at all - just give me long plazas with bunches of enemies to mow down and I'd be happy. Simple fun for simple minds, I guess.

BTW, I'd love to see an EP1 mod with battle droids, jedi-tunic skins, and the Naboo landscape.

Guest LSF_Brasidus

The fact that they seem to have captured the feel of being a real person. If you are on a catwalk and cut a corner your character actually does the extra hop to make it, etc. All the small movements that automatically happen just like all the movements yo do in real life withot thinking about it.

I know that sounds lame, but I can't quite describe it other than it truly rocks!

I have been a practitioner of various forms of medieval European swordplay since 1984, and the old Jedi Knight drove me nuts because there were so many things that you could do in real life that you couldn't in game. I always told myself "oh well, some things you just can't capture on a PC..." Well so far, I think I have been shown differently! :D :D

Archived