Home

force grip , push and pull. FIX THIS UP !!!!!! PEOPLE AND DEVS READ

Anon

Ok this totally sucks playing as darkside on ns_streets and bespin shafts and all those other maps that have fall areas is totally ruined.

WHy? cause people just force push you and grip you and throw you off the edge everytime, the only way to counter this is getting absorb and thats a lightside only skill which makes being darkside suck ass.

:swear:

Ok and if u dont think its a problem your a idiot . Like in this one game on bespin shafts map i was playing people just wait at the ledge area where the thermals detonators are and throw anyone who comes across off. ITs even worse on ns_streets its just throw wars to see whoever can point and push first.

Well grip is not so bad since one has to be close range. But it still blows cause one barsterd was just spawn camping and people who spawned up he just grip and throw off edge

but push just sucks its range is heaps good.

SO it may only push 1 meter but if u hammer on the key three times consectivly it will push the person so fukin far they an't got a fukin chance.

ok its abolute bs if darkside dont have absorb and lightside can force push why did not obi wan and that other guy just throw darth maul off the ramps at the very start of the fightscene in epsoide 1?

Either tone down this skill make 1 push use all the force power or make darkside get absorb aswell. Cause as it is now playing as darkside on those maps is ruined and im not changing from darkside to lightside everytime those lame maps come on.

the maps with lots of shafts and drops ROCK! the force grip/push combo is really good and it's really quite simple to counteract. how about force pushing the person who's doing it to you?

if you're dark side, why don't you just learn to do the combo yourself and get out of it instead of complaining about a nice combination that you lose to?

--adam

I like to use force pull on that map so that if I'm going over the edge I'll try and take my opponent with me. :D

But seriously yeah, those maps aren't much fun. If you're not worried about trying to get top score you can just hang out in the ally away from the pits and just fight/duel anyone that comes by.

[bTW, ajpiano your name looks familiar, do I know you from somewhere?]

yes those maps are good fun if u dont have a bunch of pushing lamers playing. Sure its fun to fight with sabers and then know people off with the Lightsaber . But push and grip , especially push just ruins it .

What you have is people just point and push each other the whole map . Like in a ctf game have 4 defenders all camp on the higher ramps then aim down and push people off that come across.

WOAH thats really great hey why dont we all put down our guns and sabers and just push each other off over and over , gee that takes alot of skill doesn't it ? god how l33t am I ?

now any :newbie: can get a kill ! woot woot !

why dont they just renamin ns_streets to push_streets ?

WOOPIE DO DAR DAY !

Originally posted by Moleculor

You should automatically counter pushes and pulls. As long as you're not running, jumping, or swinging your saber, it's a near 100% counter thing. Doing any of those decreases the chance of you countering.

UM thats bs maybe it works when holding a saber.

but not with a gun.

plently of times i have been running across the platforms not jumping and have been pushed off.

person just hammers on the force push key and they can do 3 pushes in about 2 seconds and throw you heaps far

Its a good tool, and easy to avoid, just stand still and look at them as they try to push you. Also, on that Nar Shadaa level, it helps to turn off your saber because they cant spot you 3 miles away and ambush you. Ive automatically started to position myself so that im not in danger of falling off. The only times thats a problem on that map is if im near the area with those two smaller pits side by side and people grip me a whole lot. I usually pull them down there though so its ok.

Originally posted by Anon

ok its abolute bs if darkside dont have absorb and lightside can force push why did not obi wan and that other guy just throw darth maul off the ramps at the very start of the fightscene in epsoide 1?

I think it was for the same reason that the Stormtroopers couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a bass fiddle, that and George Lucas couldnt make Darth Maul respawn at the other side of the Gantry near the stupid stupid repeater spam cannon :ion:

Dude, that's what you get for being a darksider. If you want the power to push people and grip people off ledges, then you're going to have to give up some powers. The point of having grip as a darksider is to get more kills, sure you may die more but it should balance out if you're any good. Being on the lightside, I give up the ability to kill people with the force. Yes i can use force push, but it will take away precious force points needed for absorb and heal.

Everyone else is bashing this guy, so I'll join in too... except with a different take: Those maps with all the drops and stuff? Yeah... those are for people that aren't playing JEDI MASTER level force powers. Try playing on those maps with way fewer force points available. If you put rank 3 push, you won't have enough room for much else, and you'll get spanked with weapons.

Those maps are for people who want to run and gun and perhaps get in some saber/no force battles. Do NOT play those maps with Jedi Knight and Master levels of force, because a shoving match is all it is.

Essobie

Originally posted by Anon

WHy? cause people just force push you and grip you and throw you off the edge everytime, the only way to counter this is getting absorb and thats a lightside only skill which makes being darkside suck ass.

well duh you can't expect to have light side forces that is built to counter the dark forces anyway. besides, you sacrifice things playing light side and vice versa.

Ok and if u dont think its a problem your a idiot . Like in this one game on bespin shafts map i was playing people just wait at the ledge area where the thermals detonators are and throw anyone who comes across off. ITs even worse on ns_streets its just throw wars to see whoever can point and push first.

push won't work on you unless you're performing an action, if you swing/shoot your sabre/weapon then the opponent will be able to force push you. if you just move about normally the opponent with push can't come close to pushing you off any ledges.

Well grip is not so bad since one has to be close range. But it still blows cause one barsterd was just spawn camping and people who spawned up he just grip and throw off edge

but push just sucks its range is heaps good.

SO it may only push 1 meter but if u hammer on the key three times consectivly it will push the person so fukin far they an't got a fukin chance.

grip can't be avoided at all if they;re in range, only absorb can counter it from the opponent dropping you off cliffs as you disengage from the grip pretty much straight away right after you turn on absorb.

again push won't do jack all if the opponent isn't swinging/firing his sabre or weapon. if you're in the air then that also counts as an action, running doesn't. when you've fallen over you're also defenseless towards push and such.

again. that's what you must sacrifice for using the dark side.

movies and games are different things.

Either tone down this skill make 1 push use all the force power or make darkside get absorb aswell. Cause as it is now playing as darkside on those maps is ruined and im not changing from darkside to lightside everytime those lame maps come on.

it's fine as it is. just don't go all rambo and start shooting/swinging and you'll never get pushed off ledges again.

I think pushing/pulling is a great thing in those maps especially. I rely on Push/Pull in Saber duels, shoving my opponent to the ground and sweeping them with my saber. The first time I played one of those maps, I had an insane amount of fun--redirecting the overhead traffic is GREAT (what? you think you can jump from catwalk to catwalk when IM here? haha! Add a little velocity here, observe a big mess there...)

Anyway, there are only 2-3 maps that it's even remotely possible to do that, why have them changed?

I got kicked from a server not too long ago, because of just that. I beat everyone because I shoved em all off the edges, the final score was |RaptoR| 20, closest competitor 8... next match, they voted to kick me. WTF? Sore losers =/ Oh well. Don't whine about it, learn how to counter it. There are some people who I just can't get off the edge, and there are others it's a race to whoever gets the positioning first.

Look at it through our view, seriously... Have you ever jumped from the top catwalk onto a 3 person fight below, missed their catwalk but salvaged it with a simple force pull? It's great to see 3 people falling above me knowing my handy work ;P

Anyone that can't deal with grip, push and pull = whiner.

You should really take more time to learn counters to these moves rather than come here to the forums and scream about them.

I play ns_streets and bespin shafts alot.

I use grip and push and pull just like anyone else. Theres no point to having the power and not using it.

But unlike you, and about half these people screaming about it here. I know how to keep people from throwing me.

Grip = Push

Push = Push

Pull = Grip or alternatly, a boot to the face.

Rock, paper, scissors. Very simple, just be able to pull out the right combo to win.

Also, don't put yourself in jeopardy of being thrown off a cliff by standing there at the edge of it and looking menacing with your saber...duh.

Theres nothing wrong with those maps. Theres nothing wrong with the force powers (barring the huge lag absorb creates if you use force power on someone using it), theres just something wrong with how you are approaching them.

I dont know whats wrong with u guys. I think its a matter of taste. I been playing on a server with Jedi Master Powers forever now and i always LOVE the maps where i can throw people down.

I think its incredible fun to go in a 1v4 battle, saber 1, throw 1 down, puch the next on the ground, meanwhile grip the other and throw him down and then kill the last.

The throwing down gives so many nice possibilities, i really love it most.

On the other side i totally dislike those super guns, i think those ruin the game.

but then again i just need to find a saber only server ......... and u guys need to find a no force server, or a server that doest play those maps.

I love watching two ppl do force grip to eachother and both go off the ledge. Its so insanely funny.

I think the only change they need is to slow down your turn rate while using Force Grip. Most times you're off the ledge and dropping by the time you realize you're being gripped.

If you're working darkside, just drain them. It has a range easily greater than that of push, so drain them and laugh as they scurry away from you once they don't have the juice to push anything. Problem solved.

As mentioned above, pushing won't do a thing as long as you aren't performing actions other than running. If you see somebody close to you and you're on a catwalk or a ledge, don't jump or take a swing at them until you're on safer footing and they won't be able to touch you.

I think what the original poster is saying is, althoguh as a dark jedi i get lightning, drain and grip, which heavily effect the enemy and light side only get powers that they have to use on themselves to try and use a gainst enemy e.g mind trick or absorb. I want my dark jedi to be Uber l33t so the light side cant counter me and i rule the galaxy...

i MEAN SHEEESH come on, us light jedi need something to get round your lightning or your grip. I mean alot of peopel i am about to engage in duels do the doggish act of force draining my powers before accepting.

If anything the force powers are in favour of the dark jedi because they can run in a group of people with lightning and it effects all of them and they gian the most kills. Light jedi have to work, and use strategic attacks....

- Third

hmmm, sounds like there is a stradegy issue with the poster.

i dont have any probs w/ dark jedi's, and if there is a lot of gripping and pushing, take it to the street level, you will be surprised how many people come after you.

but, maybe raven should adjust the game to your handicap(s).

Archived